WATERMELON!!!



That's right, the mysterious yellow food was watermelon! I was just as surprised as you undoubtedly are right now, when I cut this baby open. I bought it at the Ranch Market, and picked it because I heard striped watermelons are sweeter, and to pick one that "feels heavy for it's size" Anyway.... as far as I know, there was no sign or indication that I was not buying an oridinary watermelon! It was quite the surprise when Dave cut it open, and after a little internet search, we found that yellow watermelons are totally normal, just not as popular as their pink-fleshed cousins! They are actually supposed to be sweeter with a slight honey taste ( I didn't taste the honey, but it was REALLY SWEET!) I think I am going to go back tomorrow to look for another one...I wonder if the Ranch Market even knows they are yellow...sometimes I wonder about that place...

8 comments:

CJB said...

i l-o-v-e the ranch market!

Marie said...

Tricky little guessing game you're playing. Maybe I'd actually like yellow watermelon, cause I don't like the pink.

molly said...

Wow, that is crazy stuff! I have never heard of such a thing. I have been meaning to go to that ranch market... maybe I will go get myself a yellow watermelon!

Celeste Caldwell said...

That is SO bizarre. I've never seen a yellow watermelon. CRAZY!! That would just throw me off and I don't think I would've been able to eat it..ha ha!!

Elise said...

Crazy-- I'm going to have to try some of this stuff. Chris is not a huge watermelon fan, but maybe he'd like the yellow stuff?

AnnaMarie said...

They have those in Japan! I had it there!

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, that is crazy! I would have freaked out and been so bummed if my watermelon came out like that. I'm glad it still tasted good.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Cool! I love yellow and I love watermelon! I'll have to look into that.