A little ranting and raving

I just typed a whole blog of serious complaining. It felt good to get it out, but I just couldn't print it. Why? Because what would it help? Negativity breeds negativity. So, instead, I will say this. If there is anyone in your life at home, work, church, the gym, day care, school, etc. that does anything nice for you or serves you, Go right now and say thank you. Write a letter, make a phone call, send an email, whatever. People do a lot of hard jobs, sometimes they are thankless, and a simple thank you goes a LONG WAY!!! So, instead of printing three paragraphs of why I am feeling less that fantastic, I am going to print some thank yous! I will try to include everyone who I remember reads my blog. Please don't be offended if I leave you out...if certainly wasn't on purpose- ( I will start with family, then move from the top of my links to the bottom)
Mom- thanks for being such a great friend, and listener, and helper, and supporter!
Emily- thanks for never giving up on me.
Ryan- thanks for remembering to applaud the little things, it means a lot.
Dave- Thanks for not leaving me for being crazy. I LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Tyler- Thanks for calling me everyday...even if it is for dubious reasons!
AnnaMarie- thanks for being so positive, its amazing, and contageous.
Amber- Thanks for being the best sister ever, a great example, and so much fun to live near.
Mom Rogers- thanks for loving unconditionally and being the sweetest person I know.
Brandis- thanks for all your funny comments!
Lauren- Thanks for so much help to a brand new friend.
Marie- thanks for listening and not judging, and for watching Jaxon
Nedra- thanks for being so positive, and giving Jaxon noisy toys that he loves.
Donnie- thanks for always being totally willing to do anything that needs to be done
Sarah- thanks for loving me like a sister, AND a friend!
Misti- thank you for your tireless optimism and amazing musical contributions
Charlotte- thanks for working hard in a difficult situation and never giving up on girls that need all that love you continue to give them.
Kelly- thanks for being the funniest writer that I know!
Christi- thanks for the shout out. I have read it about 20 times these past two days, and it always makes me feel better.
Celeste- thanks for being an awesome camp director!
Kim- thanks for being a great VT companion
Haleigh- thanks for keeping us up to date on the 1998 reunion
Michelle- thanks for being so dang creative and inspiring.
Tafi- thanks for your laughter. It is SO refreshing. And thanks for renewing our long lost friendship.
Clint- thanks for liking me more than Dave
Malia- thanks for our outings, they are so needed, and Jax likes them just as much as I do.
Molly- thanks for being so positive and inspirational.
Jill- thanks for teaching free photo classes that were SO FANTASTIC. And for being a photo inspiration
Ashley- thanks for being so creative on your blog, and always so upbeat.
Cami- thanks for being so spunky and real, and what a fantastic sense of style.
Cicily- thanks for always being there. I love our chats, however few and far between. I know I can always count on you.
Kate- thanks for keeping in touch with long lost friends, even if it is only occasionally.
Elyse- thanks for finding me after all this time and picking up like we were never lost. Thanks for such an inspirational blog.
Jen- thanks for being a photo inspiration, and always inviting me to scrap even though I can never go.
Kay- thanks for always being flexible with tutoring and putting my name out to the photo world.
Heather- thanks for being a good listener.
Heidi- thanks for introducing me to splendid smoothies, and making me always want to go to the gym.
Amy Stanger (can't remember married name) Thanks for always being a friend. And for meeting for dinner while I was in Utah.

Well, that feels a little better!

12 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

"dubious reasons"? Can't a guy call his sister and have a good chat every now and again? (From Tyler)

Emily Ferrell said...

Thanks for never giving up on me! You are the best. Thanks for teaching me that my daughter's hair could look cute (unlike the combover that I was using). Things have never been the same since then. I love you.

AnnaMarie said...

Thanks for being a good person to talk to, and for being my friend. I love you!

AnnaMarie said...

Also, I'm very curious what you wanted to rant and rave about.

The Hoopers said...

Awe Ashley, you're awesome! What a wonderful leader and example you are!!

CJB said...

What a great idea. Good way to focus on the blessings huh. But ranting is always a nice release too. :)

Brandis said...

Wow, you're awesome. I probably would have done the complaining. :) Thank YOU for always posting stuff that makes me laugh! :) I hope you're having a better day today. :)

Momma Malia said...

you're very welcome, ash. and i must say thank you to you. i was having a not so good, feeling underappreciated type of day when i read your post. i love our outings too. we need to do them more often! and i actually have thought about starting a blog to just post our complaints and get it off of our chests...you know, journal what you don't want to actually say out loud!

Celeste Caldwell said...

Oh my goodness, thanks for the thanks Ash...But man it seems forever ago that we all went to camp. Those were some fun times!! And by the way...your pictures are fabulous!! You are becoming quite the photographer girl.

THE TAASE'S said...

THANK YOU ASH! I must say that reading your blog always bring a smile to my face...and shoots, well the shoutouts make my day!! You're the best Ashley. You are such a ray of sunshine and I appreciate your friendship. I also appreciate that you don't find my laugh annoying..as many people do. I can't help it, it's big and loud just like me:) Love ya Ashley!

Tafi

Sarah said...

Thanks Ash. You're so wonderful and thoughtful. You are a great friend and sister. I wish we lived closer together. But for now, thank goodness there's blogging.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

What a great way to root frustration out of your life! I know how you feel though. Sometimes it feels like you do and do and do and no one notices or cares. I assure you that every good deed is noticed and that if you didn't do them, often times no one else would. Keep being the awesome person that you are!