HAPPY EASTER!

I'm happy/sad/embarrassed/relieved/ambivilant about the fact that this is the second year the Easter Bunny has skipped our house. Jaxon is not old enough to know the difference, so this is just one of those holidays that we left everyone else do the work (ward egg hunt, Mom's delicious Easter dinner) and we just go along for the ride. We had a fun ward egg hunt yesterday, and Amber and her kids and my parents also came. Jaxon got lots of eggs, and generally had no idea what was going on, or why Dave was dragging him from bush to bush pointing out eggs to put in his basket, while I attempted to take pictures! I had been taking LOTS of pictures of other people in the last 24 hours (see photo blog for Tribe Taase and The Reeves) so I wasn't super dedicated to "getting the good shot." Oh well, again, Jaxon won't mind too much. This afternoon we are off to delicious dinner at Grammie and Papa's, and let me just say how much I LOVE MY PARENTS! Seriously, I cannot say how wonderful they are. We are bringing Dad Rogers' famous coconut Yams (I HATE HATE HATE yams, but LOVE LOVE LOVE this delicious recipe) and it will be an dinner to remember. I guess this is a good time to say how grateful I am for this holiday-Christ and his life, death, and ressurection. Aren't we blessed?!?!?!




Thanks for the ears Grammie!





Jax and Jack - best buds!




Like Father Like Son! (and boy are they a handsome pair!!!)




Please Jaxon! One good picture with Mom...is that too much to ask???
Yes, yes it is too much to ask ...


All's well that ends well. (you can see that Jaxon is thrilled with this arrangement!)

(We will call our new wagon Jaxon's Easter present!)


2 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Its funny to me to observe little kids that haven't yet caught on to our strange holiday traditions. I was trying to explain Easter traditions to a foreign co-worker and when I got to the part about painting eggs and hiding them in the yard, even I realized just how weird it sounded. Cute pictures though! I'm glad you had a nice Easter.

Brandis said...

I pretty much skipped the whole Easter bunny thing. I had gotten a chocolate bunny at the store last week for free ($1.79 bunny-$2.00 off coupon=free chocolate), and we were just going to all share it until the mysterious baskets appeared on our front porch. Part of it is laziness, part is rebellion against buying presents for every single holiday on the calendar, and part of it is that I think Jesus deserves at least ONE holiday that's just about him. :) We did go to the ward Easter egg hunt though. :)