I Came, I saw, I TROTTED!!!!!

HURRAY!!! At 10:08 I completed my first 10K (my first actual race/run of any kind since high school track to be exact) with a time of 1 hour and 8 minutes! I really wanted to finish under 1 hour and 15 minutes, but I didn't tell anyone, in case I didnt make it! (my time is an 11 and a half minute mile) I was so nervous I thought I might have a heart attack, but as you can see from this blog, I survived to tell the tale! Marie was a great running partner, she encouraged me to push on and do my best, while allowing any walking time necessary! (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU MARIE!!!) While I am not looking forward to my next 10K (no there is not one planned, but yes, there probably will be) I can honestly say that this is one of the greatest accomplishments of my adult life! Is that lame? Well, I don't care, because its the truth!




(It wouldn't be the trot, without the turkey...he finishes every year in 47 minutes!)




(Before the race)




( We didn't finish last after all! This many people were behind us!)





(I ran into Kate after the race!)




(After the race- We did it!!!!)




(finishing the race)




(Enjoying the fruits of our labors!)

10 comments:

michelle said...

So impressed Ash. I watched Project Runway this morning instead (bad, bad Michelle!).

The Hoopers said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you guys. How cool.

AnnaMarie said...

Way to go Ashley! I have never done a 10K...you're amazing!

Momma Malia said...

aweoms ash!! isn't it great to do something you never thought you could before?? you did great. i love reading someone elses running stories too. i think you can do a half marathon next!!

onehm said...

WAY TO GO!!
I am so impressed. You rock!

(And I love the pictures of your sweet family...adorable!!)

Brandis said...

Yay you!

Hope said...

Ash, you are my new hero! Way to be HOT to TROT!!!

Colburns said...

Yay for you guys!!! Way to go and get em! That is a great time for your first time!

Elise said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!! You did awesome-- congrats!! And good job on getting your pics up so quickly!!

So, my running friend, Christy, and I are going to start training for the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon in January (the race is in April). I know it's a ways away, but I'd love it if you could make a trip to Utah for it. What do you think?

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Yay Ashley! I'm so proud of you! That REALLY is an accomplishment! Way to go! You inspire me!