Holiday Happiness...it begins!

The holidays have never really been a very stressful time for me, so I can honestly say I really love this time of year! Today we had Cicily snap some shots of us so we could get a good one for our Christmas card, and while I don't love the way I look, I absolutely love my little family. We are happy, we are healthy, and we are together. So, when I look at a less than perfect picture, I am trying to remember what wonderful blessings I have. Then we met a few of Dave's sisters and their families at the new out door mall and walked around together. I LOVE DAVE'S FAMILY!! I am such a lucky girl to have married such a great guy with such a wonderful family. It is always so fun to get together with them, and I always look forward to seeing any of his siblings or his parents! This 4 days with no work and all play, is just so fun! We put up the Christmas tree yesterday with Jaxon awake so we could talk about the "rules" of not touching etc. He was so excited and really didn't listen very well at all, but who could blame him with all the fun things around? Last night we carried him into the house about 9:30, sound asleep with his head on Dave's shoulder. When we were walking past the Christmas tree he opened his eyes. His head snapped up, he got a huge smile on his face, pointed at the tree and said "OH!!!!" Then he promptly put his head back down and went to sleep- what a guy! Here are a few fun pictures from today!



Way to cooperate Jaxon!




Ewwwwww!!! Gross!!!




That's better!!!




Like father like son.





I swear this kid is mine. He looks nothing like me, but HE IS MINE!!!




Sometimes playing is hard work!!

9 comments:

Arian said...

Hey there. Your little guy is SO adorable! You and Dave did some good work on that one. Happy T-day.

Brandis said...

I LOVE the new pics!!! You look gorgeous!

Colburns said...

That last picture of the little guy is the best one!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

LOVE the pictures! Your camera? Jaxon is looking so grown up! It's funny that you mentioned not liking Thanksgiving food, you're the only other one I've ever heard say that before besides me. My family thinks I'm crazy! I prepared an entire Thanksgiving feast all by myself this year, and all I ate was fruit salad, some turkey and a few of the little feta-basil-tomato croissant triangles I made. Black Angus sounds great!

THE TAASE'S said...

Your family pictures are PRECIOUS! Maybe I can hire Cicily to come snap some of my family. Good to hear your not so traditional Thanksgiving feast went well. I miss you 2! Love ya doll, Tafi

jckhadlocks said...

Those pictures are great! We need a family picture taken soon.. we don't have any professional ones of Colter yet and he's almost 1. Anyway I wanted to apologize for not being a very good Visiting Teaching partner. I can make up all the excuses in the world but I promise to be better in December! Hope everything is going well and I'll talk to you later!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

We'd LOVE to hang out while you guys are in town!! SLC is a fun place to live because everyone comes here for something. We've already hung out with Christi, Jarrod and misc. other family and friends who were passing through. We'll definitely plan on it! Can't wait!

♥ Natalie said...

Hi, Ashley, This is Natalie (Watkins) Evans. I know that my older bro. (Ryan) knows you guys- think you were in the same ward - El Dorado for a bit of time. I knew Tyler and your hubby in HS. Just wanted to say "hi" and tell you how cute your family is. I LOVE your family picture - where was that exact location with the white background? I'm loving it!

Elise said...

I love these pictures-- even the ones of Jaxon getting upset. They're almost more fun than the perfect ones! I can't believe how big Jaxon is getting-- crazy!

I can't wait to see you in a few DAYS!