A great day!

You know how sometimes you feel great about yourself, and sometimes you feel crappy, and nothing has changed exept your perception? Well...this morning I decided to "shake things up" and see how far I could run while pushing the jogger stroller (and by run I mean jog as slowely as possible to not be considered walking) Let me prefice this with- I AM NOT A RUNNER...OR A JOGGER...OR EVEN A FAST WALKER (as my husband would tell you when he is pulling me along) anyway, I thought it would be good for me and my workout routine. SO, this morning I jogged ONE WHOLE MILE without stopping (This is huge for me you marathon runners, so no smart comments!!!) and I did it while pushing a stroller in 11 minutes. Then I walked around for 2 minutes, and jogged the mile back (without stopping again!) pushing the stroller and did it in 11 minutes again! HOORRAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has inspired me to go that third mile and run a 5K. NOt yet, but by CHristmas, that is my goal! So, in review, nothing about me has actually changed ,but I feel great because of my running accomplishment!

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, Ashley, that's great! I, on the other hand, tried a few running steps on the way back from the dumpster today...my post-pregnant body is not ready for that yet. Walking is going fairly well, though! A week ago right now, we were on our way to the hospital! It's been the best week of my life!

Momma Malia said...

seriously ahsley, good job. it is hard to run that long when you're not used to it. and the strollers are SO hard to push. Keep it up!

michelle said...

AWESOME JOB ASH. I'm with you on the anti-running bit... I always feel so clumsy running and I've always hated it and never have been good at it.

Super inspiring. I'll let you know if I actually start running myself one of these days... =)

Cicily said...

I'm so proud of you, you're a superstar! Maybe if you really got those tattoos it would make you feel more tough and you could run faster.

Jason and Kate said...

I can't even run with a stroller. Fabulous job!

Jen and Bryan said...

seriously, ash, i am SO impressed. I, like you, loathe running. I can't run a mile... but I can do an hour on my elipticle. Running sucks, but I am going to test it out this fall since it's so nice outside. We'll see. :)

Elise said...

Nice work, Ashley! I think you get extra points for pushing the jogging stroller too!!