"Practice Makes...Harder?"

So, today was my second go-round at the running thing. I ran (jogged slowely, but humor me people, because I will be refering to it as "running" from here on out!)my first mile in 11 minutes again. I only walked one minute to rest, and then started again. HOLY CRAP!!!! MILE TWO WAS SO HARD!!! I have to admit I walked for one minute halfway through. This time it wasnt pure adrenaline pushing me through...I knew I COULD do it, but...did I really want to? Anyway, It took me 12 minutes this time and boy was I huffing! Anyway, I am going to continue, and Nedra said she is going to try to find a 5K for us to "Run" together between Thanksgiving and Christmas! HURRAYYY!!! Here are a few songs that are great for running, and some that I am surprised are not:
1. Turning Japanese=excellent!
2. I love Rock and Roll= not so good (great for lifting weights though)
3. Staceys mom=NOt so good
4. Jump Around by House of Pain=Excellent
5. Boom by Venga Boys=Excellent
6. In Da Club by 50 cent=not so good
I will keep you updated, in that annoying way that all "runners" do updates on their blog, that I never understood before now!

6 comments:

molly said...

Oh good luck with the running and the 5k, that is something i have always wanted to do, but I am so not a runner. Maybe after this baby!

Colburns said...

I think you are awesome. I have to say that I think the weight will start to fall off as you keep running. The 5k is such a cool goal you have a lot to be proud of!! We added you onto our other links, I figured it out. As of now I am no longer a runner!

Jason and Kate said...

I'm game to do the 5K with y'all. Let me know.

Terolleeq said...

Way to go girl I am so proud of you. Thats just what I would run...11min miles. Just remember as your body getrs use to running it will become easier each time. Good Luck maybe I will start running again. Later Terol

Elise said...

I love that you posted your playlist-- I have such a hard time finding good running tunes. I'll have to add your recommendations to my iPod. Good luck at the 5K-- you'll be great!!

Momma Malia said...

Welcome to the club. FIY- Mesa does a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. My cousins do it all the time.