Cooper Turns 2 months!

Let me go ahead and lead out with my favorite picture-
 

That's right, I caught a half smile!  He really does fully grin at me all the time (When he's not tired) but he is very interested in the camera.  So, just as I have him smiling his guts out, I put the camera in front of my face and all of a sudden he looks very surprised/concerned!
 
 
Cooper is sleeping through the night, but often I have to go in and give him his pacifier around 3 and 4. Then I feed him around 5:15 and he goes back to sleep till between 6:30 and 7 (today he slept in till 7:50! WOOT!!)  I know I should just let him fall back asleep on his own, but if he is up grunting and whining for 15 minutes, I'm not sleeping either! So, for now, it's just easier to go give him his paci...then we can both be back asleep in 2 minutes or less!

 
If you're thinking he still looks awfully similar to his 1 month pictures- well, you're right! Remember how I accidentally didn't take his 1 month pictures until he was actually 6 weeks? So his 1 monthers and 2 monthers are really just 2 weeks apart. Next month will really actually be a full month and I think there will be a bigger difference!
 

 
His eyes are lightening up and turning more blue, so I think they will stay blue...at least for now. Jaxon's were blue for about a year, then greyish/blueish/greenish for about a year, and now are bright green...so who knows??  I love both of their light eyes!

 


Aside from when he is being fed, Cooper would rather not be "snuggled." Really, he would prefer laying down on the ground flailing about, but still with your undevided attention. If I must hold him, he prefers to have his back to my chest, sitting up and checking out what's going on in the world around him!

 
 Coop is getting more coordinated with his hands, and when he is awake and not eating, he often gets his left hand to his mouth where he will suck/lick whatever part makes it in, and puts his right hand behind his head and grabs his hair. I swear he must have done this in the womb because he has been trying to do both of these things since he was born.  I often have to disconnect his hand from his beautiful long locks, cause he can't figure out who's pulling his hair! I will also pull his hand out of his mouth and put in his paci (much easier to wean a child from a paci than his hand/fingers, which cannot in fact be taken away...) and he will immediately spit it out and get his hand back up there!


 
 
He had a pretty bad rash on his face, and no amount of baby lotion, or cetaphil would take it away. I finally tried my excema cream, and after one application, his skin is now clear and beautiful again! 







2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

ADORABLE! What a sweet boy. I think he actually does look different between 6 and 8 weeks, much more alert. :) LOVE him.

Emily Ferrell said...

He is adorable. I love these pictures! I am jealous of his hair! Oh how I wish Addi would grow some. I don't even know what to do with a bald baby!