Our "new to us and just for now" home

So, if you don't follow me on facebook, or mostly, just for posterity...probably the biggest thing happening in our lives right now (Besides being 8 weeks from adding our second little prince Cooper to our family, and surviving the heat, and sickness, and backaches until then...) is that we SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!  I wrote about that earlier, but this is where we are currently.  We are firmly moved into my parents basement, and so very VERY grateful that that was an option. 
   We have been watching ALL the houses that come on the market in our price range and geographical search (not that many...maybe one every other day...) and have gone to look at exactly...3.   The first two we put full asking offers on the day after they went on the market and were speedily denied by investors who put full price AND FULL CASH offers with no appraisal.  Welp- we can't beat that, so it clearly wasn't meant to be. (We are firmly firmly entrenched in the belief that there is a very specific place we are supposed to be next!) The third house we looked at last night was very promising in words and pictures, but once we got to the house we realized that they added several extra rooms just by taking space from other rooms, and everything felt SO CRAMPED.  Too bad, because we liked the neighborhood (Val Vista Lakes) and the house have been completely redone inside with amazing tile, new carpet, granite counter tops, stonework in all the showers, gorgeous two-toned paint, etc.  But you just can't mask the fact that you can't make 6 bedrooms PLUS A LOFT, PLUS A DEN look big in a house that is only 3200 square feet! (3200 is actually a great size...but not for 6 bedrooms, a separate sitting and dining room, a loft, and a den...every room was like a shoebox!) 
  So....the search continues.  Our realtor (who we love) will be out town for the next 3 days, and we will be gone for the 9 after that.  So, our search for the two weeks is pretty much on hold. We will of course watch everything that comes on the market, but it would be foolish to think that anything that comes up in those two weeks would still be available when we got back.  Again, if it's meant to be, it will be.  (Dave is teaching me a lot about having faith.... his is just a lot stronger than mine...but I blame pregnancy hormones that mess with my brain and emotions!)
  Dave and Jaxon leave for Utah (by way of Vegas to see his parents!) on Friday early afternoon, and I don't fly out until Saturday morning, so I will go the temple Friday afternoon to recharge my battery before we leave!
  Speaking of leaving, we are SO SUPER EXCITED For our Ferrell Family Vacation at Aspen Groves next week.  All 32 (YES...32!!!!) of us will be there. including 4 babies, 4 months and under, and of course Cooper, who has a few more weeks to cook up nice and chunky!  I really wish he would already be here to be loved and devoured and adored and oohed and ahhhed over by all my family, and to meet his 4 other cousins born this year (And let's be serious, for SEVERAL of my more selfish reasons!) but alas, tis not to be.  It will be a lot different this time than two years ago (For me) for several reasons. Dave was only able to come for the weekend last time, and also I wasn't pregnant and was able to do all the fun active stuff like ropes courses, volleyball, walleyball, and basketball tourneys, etc.  This year most of the SIL's will have either just had a baby or about to have one (me) so I think we will do a lot of sitting around bonding, laughing, feeding, changing, snuggling, napping etc.  Still a great time! 
  After the vacay we will also be able to spend a day with several of Dave's siblings who either live in, or will be visiting Utah, and also his parents! I really adore Dave's family, and I say completely honestly that I could not have married into a more fun, accepting, loving, kind, and friendly family! 
    After we get home from the vacay we will really only have 3 weeks left before school starts again, and while it's hard to keep a single 6 year old occupied in the hotter-than-blazes summer while I am super pregnant and can't be out in the heat long, I can't totally say I'm looking forward to the beginning of school.  This is the year that Jaxon starts first grade- and full day school.  I feel like I'm losing my baby, and my job as primary teacher in his life.  Also, while I am absolutely looking forward to the arrival of Cooper, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared of what life will bring. Some of it (which I know is silly, but also pretty normal) is that I am worried about the way it will change my relationship with my best buddy Jaxon, who has been my constant companion for the last 6 years!  I have read that lots of parents feel this way, and that as soon as the baby comes you realize that your heart just expands with exponential love for both children, instead of trying to divide the love you already have, but these are the things that stick in the back of my mind.
  Well, now that I am trying to get back into the habit of blogging, I am enjoying getting my feelings out, but I'm sure these posts aren't too interesting...especially without pictures.  Dave just set up our computer so I can start editing and adding lots of pictures from our summer fun, but until then, I will just appease myself by saying someday my posterity will be interested in our daily goings-on, even if I didn't include pictures!

2 comments:

ThePalmers said...

Can't wait for baby Cooper!!!

AnnaMarie said...

I love when you blog. It's not boring at all.

Can't wait to see you and catch up in person! Love ya!