No Pictures? NO PROBLEM!

That is my new blog mantra. I actually do have pictures, but I'm laying downstairs on the couch with my laptop (My new position in this house since I've been pregnant and sick...) and I can't upload pictures here. So I will write this post and upload later, I just need to stay on a role.
 Today was Jaxon's zoo field trip, and it was a smashing success!! We went to school in the morning and I found out my group. I will not name names because I'm not sure who reads this blog, but it was Jaxon, and THREE GIRLS!!! Ask me if Jaxon even batted an eyelash at this...BECAUSE HE DIDN'T!! He is a ladies man, as in, the girls love him, and his best friends are girls. Two of the girls in his group are DARLING, and the other one gave me a run for my money. In fact, every single other mother there that was in the classroom and riding the bus is also a room helper, and came up and said something to the effect of, "Better you than me! When I help in the classroom she is a real stinker to me! In fact, one time, she even ________________"  (Fill in the blank with any number of things a 5 year old kindergartener could say or do to get the goat of a parent helper.  )
  So we boarded the bus, I sat in the front row with Jaxon and one of is male buddies, and across the aisle from the 3 girls in our group.  This is the part of the trip that really worried me. Jaxon really wanted me to ride the bus, but I get so carsick as it is, I didn't know how well it was going to work. I had taken my Dramamine but also brought a bag of Pirates Booty to eat on the bus, because it sounded good and salty! Jaxon and his friend, no problem.  Two sweet girls in my group, no problem.  Other girl, demanded Pirates Booty the whole time, and when I told her that kids weren't allowed food on the bus and I was eating it because the baby in my belly makes me sick, she threatened to tell the Bus Driver on me if I didn't share. The Bus driver was sitting right in front of us and heard the whole encounter and gave me a look in the rear view that said the same thing as the other mother helpers, "Better you than me!"  Speaking of the bus driver, she talked my ear off the whole time and apparently we became fast friends. I'm happy to announce that she has a second grade daughter that weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces at birth but was born naturally. She has been clean and sober or 9 months and as a result has lost 73 pounds. Sometimes people just need to talk, and I am just fine to be the listener!
  We got to the zoo and three of the four kids in our group happily hopped along here and there.  One member demanded Pirates Booty and drinks, and snacks, and asked 97 times when lunch was because she was "STARVING!!!!!!!"  After the 97th time we gave in and had lunch a half hour early.  Three of the kids in our group happily munched on their lunches while chatting away. One was only happy when someone else was sharing the snacks out of their lunch with her.  If not, WATCH OUT!
  After lunch the kids were kind-of over the animals, and we (me and the other two moms in my group that just met us at the zoo, the mothers of two of the three girls) were COMPLETELY over the complaining. We headed to the play area at the far end of the zoo, and for the next hour the kids played  SO HAPPILY! Not one tattle, complaint, or demand! It was Bliss.
   I puked up my whole lunch, but was actually really okay with it because it was in the bathroom, and it meant I wouldn't have anything to lose on the bus!
  When it was time, we herded the kids back to the bus and Jaxon sat in the back with some buddies. I sat with one of the girls in my group, who I happen to think is one of the cutest things on this entire earth, and who chatted with me the whole way back to school with such things as, "You're so pretty Jaxon's mom. I hope you have a pretty baby girl just like you. I will totally help you with her!" and "You sing so beautiful. Does Jaxon sing ? Do you think I sing Beautiful?" and "When you have your girl baby you can come over and make hair bows with my mom and I will watch your baby!" (I mean really, I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!)  I ate Wheat thins on the ride back to calm my stomach.  Two of the girls in my group were fine with it, one demanded wheat thins the whole time, complained loudly when I said no, and kept hitting her seatmate with the flowers she had picked for her mom!
  We got back to school without incident, and that was that.  Dave had texted us while at the zoo and asked if Jaxon was having a good time.  I asked Jaxon, and his exact answer was, "GREAT! It's even better than pineapples in a bowl!"  (Jaxon is the king of similes and metaphors lately...most don't make sense, but baby steps, right?!...when we were at the Renaissance Festival he said, "Man this frozen lemonade is delicious! It's better than Meatballs in a pie!"...)
  I am now completely exhausted but so glad to have this fun day with my boy! I have laid on the couch for two hours while Jaxon jumps on the upstairs couch and plays Wii Wipeout and watched PBS.
All in All, A GREAT DAY!!!

3 comments:

ThePalmers said...

That's hilarious. I'm glad you guys had lots of fun!

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome. I like the details of the bus drivers' life. I'm glad you had a nice day!

marie said...

Wow, sounds like your trip to the zoo was a lot more exciting than mine. Glad you survived!