Hurray for Easter!!

Easter weekend was wonderful! We went to a ward breakfast where Jaxon got to do the easter egg hunt, then swim lessons (not awesome...more later...) and then home to find that the Easter Bunny had visited and left Jaxon a lovely basket! I am loving our tradition of doing Candy/Easter Basket/ Easter Bunny on Saturday, and keeping the Sabbath for the real purpose of Easter- the resurrection!

Dave and I decided that we pretty much LOVE getting Jax candy for anything!
Why?
Because we are awful parents and love to rot his teeth?
NO!
Because Jaxon THINKS he loves candy!
He loves being the proud owner of candy.
He loves looking at his candy.
Occassionally he loves sharing his candy (especially if it's with dad!)
BUT HE DOES NOT LOVE EATING CANDY!!!
If you ask Jaxon, he says, "I love Candy! Uhhh.... I'm just full. Plus, I'm saving it to share with dad later!"
You can ask anyone who has been over lately, Jaxon's Easter basket is on a corner of the counter for him to pick from whenever he wants...and it still looks exactly like it did on Easter! (Minus the 2 Andy's mints!)

Here is Jaxon modeling his lovely Easter glasses made a preschool-


The Haul the E.B. left.


Jaxon's basket-o-candy



Happy little man...


And lastly, the cruddiest egg hunt pictures there could possibly be- in fact... don't even look at them...they are only for posterities sake!! :o)



The proudest Mommy Moment came on Sunday though. I picked Jax up from his primary class and asked him what he had learned. He told me they learned about the resurrection. His very chill, male, never has much to say, teacher then told me, "Uh, Jaxon taught the whole lesson. Everytime I started telling about something, he finished it. That kid knows his stuff!"


Yes, I was beaming...I'm that mom! I can't take all of the credit though. We did take him to the Easter pageant (see previous post) and we talked about what was going on during the whole thing, but also they learned about it all week in preschool- love love LOVE his preschool!


Love Easter. Love my boys. Really...just loving life!