A visit to the dentist and a whole lotta LIES!

Today Jaxon and I visited the dentist.

I know dentists are hard up right now, so we capitalized on their specials and saw a fantastic dentist at a beautiful office. We had a cleaning, x-rays, and a consult...all for $19 a piece! SA-WEET!!!

(PS- I have several cards worth $50 to both me and YOU! If I refer you to this office, you get $50 off any treatment, and so do I! If you're family needs cleanings/xrays right now, they are $19 bucks! With this card you could get 2.5 cleanings FREE! CALL ME!!!)

Jaxon wanted me to go first so he could see what it was all about. And all-in-all my time in the chair was about 30 minutes. My buddy Jaxon kept up a running conversation for the ENTIRE 30 minutes with our spunky hygienist. She was definately egging him on, but I tell you, in the entire 30 minutes, I don't think the kid said one thing that was true. The thought it was---
1. Funny- but only becuase he's 4,
and
2. Scary- becuase he will be a teenager soon enough, ....and the lies just rolled right off his tongue. The hygienist couldn't tell what was true or not, and often had to ask me.

For instance, apparently Jaxon has an older brother named Cooper who is 7. He couldn't come to the dentist becuase he was in trouble and had to much homework and had to stay home with Dad, and that is also why Dave couldn't come.

She also asked about preschool. Jaxon told her about a lesson they had today on Strawberries. He told her all about strawberries from their look, taste, size, etc. It was an excellent recap of an excellent lesson, except, it also never happened. I was at preschool today since he had to leave after an hour for the dentist, so I just stayed and watched. There was no lesson on strawberries..and there never has been.

Then I told her that Jaxon had said he poem of the month in preschool today, and she asked to hear it. He recited EVERY Monthly poem he has said since August...except for the one he said today.


All of this time the hygienist was working in my mouth, so I couldn't continue to to scold him for being dishonest.

After all was said and done, we had a little chat. Jaxon said, "Mom! It was all a joke! Can't she take a JOKE??"



Oh, And he also told her she was "Rediclee-ous" becuase she asked if he was a vampire, and everyone knows there are no such things as vampires!
heaven help us.

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Heaven help us, indeed, once Jaxon is a teenager! :) We added dental insurance for this year, so Katie will be having her first appointment soon.

And dehydrated bananas are great. The thinner you cut them the crunchier, and better. No sugar, no extras, just bananas! I also put some mango on there, and they were really good, too. I dehydrated both for about 4 hours, I think. I've done apples, too, and they work out alright, too. Let me know if you find anything you like!

Kelly said...

Ashley: I am SO PROUD Of you for running that half marathon! That is seriously unreal. I am not surprised you did it, I knew it would work out! You are amazing and not just because you ran a half marathon! :)

Marie said...

Hilarious!! And may I please, please, please have one of your coupons!!! We've got lots of teeth that need cleaning, and no money to get it done:)

Brit said...

Wow! Your boy never ceases to amaze me!

The Ferrells said...

No wonder we enjoy him so much!!He is so mature for his mere 4 years--sonn to be 5 Yea!!

Sarah said...

Jaxon is hilarious.
I know it's tough dealing with the tall tales four year olds come up with.
But I seriously love how Jaxon thinks.
And I'm so glad you recall his conversations so we can enjoy him, too.