I want to remember

   When I see Jaxon all dressed in his preppy clothes and his short hair spiked neatly up in front, cracking jokes and talking like a ten year old...I just can't believe how big he is. It hurts my heart to think that he will never be as little as he was yesterday, or last year.  I want to hold on to every last cute, baby-ish thing he does, because, there might not ever be another baby to do these things in our house.

  Then there are mornings like today- when he sleepily ambles in with his Buzz Lightyear pajamas that are too short at the ankles and wrists, with his hair sticking out at all angles, and climbs into my lap for a morning snuggle. I remember.  He's not so big, and he'll always be my baby. 
 
  I want to remember this morning. 

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Aww, Ashley. Thanks for the reminder to savor every snuggly moment.

Jason and Kate said...

I love those moments!