The Day after my Birthday

I promised myself, and any of you stragglers who are still dutifully (thank you!) checking to see if I will ever post, to blog more.  So here it is-

Noteworthy-
1. Yesterday was my birthday and Facebook makes me feel special! I got so many great birthday wishes from people who, lets be honest...would never have known without the helping hand of Facebook!  I got a Kindle case  and a Kindle store card, and a Take Five bar (YUMMY....but Dave guilted me into sharing...BOOO!!) Delicious dinner at my parents with my favorite people in the world, my family! Otherwise, celebrating your birthday on Fast Sunday (which I do every 7 years or so...) kinda stinks...just saying.

2. One of Jaxon's New Year's resolutions was to "Jump on the Trampoline to get bigger muscles" (Can you tell we let him make his own resolutions?...I won't tell you the others... )
Anyway, when asked tonight in Family Night about how he is doing...he gave himself a "thumbs sideways."  He didn't get a "thumbs down" because he IS jumping more.  But he didn't get a thumbs up, because there is no visible change in his muscles! HAHA!

3.  Today is the first day of rededication to healthy eating and healthy body.  The difference this year is that "healthy" does not mean "Low calorie and completely or almost totally made up of chemicals"  I am trying to go natural, unprocessed, and raw as much as possible.  I am not a crazed lunatic, I don't judge anyone who enjoys a delicious steak (as I do...) and I do eat a little meat, but I have to be honest, I am reading THE CHINA STUDY, and I promise, it will change your life. I won't preach (BUT PLEASE READ IT!!!)

4.  On New Year's Eve, Jaxon got his tooth knocked out rough-housing with his best friend,  partner in crime, and Cousin- Oakley.  Totally accidental, not a big deal ...but Jaxon talks about it, his tooth, his cousin, etc... A LOT right now.  Tonight he said, "Mom- you know the two best things about losing my tooth?"
"1. That Oakley said sorry, and 2.  He shared some papers with me!"  Ahhhh to have the heart of a child!

5. Humm...what else?  Tonight in Jaxon's prayers he thanked Heavenly Father that we don't have "Ugly Blankets" on our beds...and I will leave you with that parting thought, maybe you ought to be more grateful for those gorgeous bedspreads huh?

5 comments:

ThePalmers said...

That really is sweet- Oakley has been talking about it, too.

palmerparty.blogspot.com

AnnaMarie said...

These are awesome. keep 'em coming!

onehm said...

Happy Birthday (again)!!
Feeling grateful to have a pretty bedspread AND all my teeth. :)
THANK YOU JAXON!!

The Ferrells said...

wow, love the new look--

Jason and Kate said...

My bday falls on Fast Sunday every 7 years too but sometimes I get to have Superbowl Sunday too. Hello....I want the attention!

I've heard things about the China study book. I'm afraid to read it because then I probably won't eat anything and I like some good food every now and then. :)