Check one off the BUCKET LIST!


  I don't know why, but a few weeks ago Dave I and were talking about our Bucket lists.  I'm happy to say that I lead a fairly happy and fulfilling life, therefore,  there aren't too many life shattering things I feel I HAVE To do before I die.  I've had a lot of really cool, unique, lucky, and blessed opportunities....so most of my bucket list items weren't that big...in fact my number 1. and number 2...Dave totally laughed at! 
  So later that week I told my dear friend (and running partner) about my bucket list items to see if they were as absurd as Dave thought!  Well...she laughed too...but not so much at me, as at the items!
  Fast forward...today (Wed. the 5th) Sherry took me out for a my birthday lunch.  We had the most delicious and healthy meal at Pomegranates, a whole and raw foods restaurant.....for anyone who thinks it's impossible to eat healthy, and eat deliciously...go to POMEGRANATES and be prepared to be proven WRONG!!!! Anywho, after lunch  we went to our big SECRET activity---

MY BUCKET LIST NUMBER ONE!!!




I GOT TO DRIVE A SMART CAR!!!!!
(Are you, like Dave and Sherry, laughing at my bucket list???? It's okay, I don't mind a bit!!!)

Unfortunately, you have to take one of their employees with you, and since there is no backseat, Sherry had to wait at the dealership for us to finish.  Mr Smart Car Man drove first, and showed me how the "Automatic Manual" transmission works...(Don't worry, no shifting necessary!) then we pulled over in a deserted, partially hidden, darkish parking lot behind a Fry's to switch places.  If he hadn't seemed like an upstanding young chap, the whole thing would have been a little creepy...
  So, I got behind the wheel, and VIOLA!!! Bucket list #1- DONE!  It was very roomy, and sits quite high up! You can't actually tell your driving a puney little car at all! 

  Well, Sherry had directions to bucket list #2....but unfortunately I had to be back to be home when Jaxon got home from Preschool, and we ran out of time to make it to the Segway Store, to test drive a SEGWAY!

  Now come on, isn't that the coolest birthday present ever? 

PS- when we were getting ready to take our test drive, we were headed for a sensible little  blue Smart Car, and Sherry said to Mr. Smart Car, "REALLY?  She can't Drive the HELLO KITTY one parked out front?"
Mr. Young Chap said, "Sure!" and went and got those keys!

 What a memorable birthday, and guess what? I still have a delicious, delicious, DELICIOUS raw chocolate macaroon to eat later!

THANKS SHERRY!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

NICE! That's such a thoughtful birthday gift! I have no idea what's on my bucket list...maybe Tyler and I will have to sit down and make ours. I'm pretty sure driving a smart car death trap is not on mine, though. :) We'll have to go to Pomegranate's in March! And how do you make a raw macaroon?

Rachel said...

i like your bucket list so far...it makes me giggle:) i wanna hear what the rest is all about. btw...HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

Brit said...

That's fabulously awesome! I love you list, sounds fun! Happy B-day!