Super lame blogger...That's me!

I used to be a good blogger...funny even.  When something noteworthy happened I used to think, "how will I word this on my blog?"  Ahhhhhhh!!!! Life just gets in the way sometimes, huh!?

 Anyway, a noteworth occurance in my life- The Elton John Concert. 


Now, I'm not really a huge Elton John Fan, and I learned that evening...I'm not a Leon Russell Fan AT ALL!...but it was a fun night none-the-less.
  my sister randomly won tickets to the show on a radio contest, and wasn't able to sell them online.  She asked her husband if he wanted to go- he said no. She asked my sister in law if they wanted to go- they said no.  She asked me if I wanted to go, and I said I would ask Dave, who said a RESOUNDING-NOOOO!!! He said, "Go if you want! Take Sherry! Just please don't make me go!"  Well I thought...I hadn't been out for a "night on the town" in a loooooooooooong time, so why not!?  I texted My gal pal Sherry and although she too thought it was a bit of a strange invite- she accepted! 

  The tickets said, "Leon Russell" on them as well...so we figured it was the opening act.  We looked him up on Google, and decided he wouldn't be our thing...

The show started at 8, so we figured if we got there about 9, it would be just in time to catch Elton.  We walked in about 8:50, and Elton was going strong! What the heck? 

So we got to our seats, which were really quite good- row 16! And sat next to, around, surrounded by, lots of drunk Elton John Fans, all singing along and frequently dancing along to the songs.  It was fun to people watch, and I do like some of his songs. 


  After a few songs Sherry (who, let me add right here, is quite the opposite of me. She would rather die than ever call any undue (or due) attention to herself) leaned over and whispered (read: yelled) ...it was really loud in there...

 "Would you stand up and dance like that?"

Well, in the loudness of the concert, I misunderstood her question- I thought it was something like a dare- daring me to stand up and dance like a drunk fool by myself to a very non-dancy Elton John song...uhhh...she must not know me very well...but..NO PROBLEM!!!
   In actuality it was her being shocked and mortified for the drunk dancers and actually meaning, "Who could ever get up and do that? PERPOSTEROUS!" 
   Due to my misunderstanding, at the beginning of the next song, which happened to be "I'm Still Standing" (Coincidence???) I jumped out of my seat, Yelled "WAHOOO!"" and started Dancing myself silly! 
Sherry was mortified. to put it mildly.  She tugged on my shirt with a look of absolute horror on her face and said repeatedly, "NO! Please no! NO! NO!" 
I sat back down, and we sorted out the whole misunderstood question. Woops. My mistake!
  Anyway, after that song, Mr. Leon Russell came out on stage, and he and Elton proceeded to sing together for almost an hour! ARGGGG!!!  It was awful!
  We kept saying "If he's not finished after this song, we're leaving"
"Okay this song."
"No really! This song!"
Finally he finished ,and by that time it was almost 11.  We stayed for a few more of Elton and then decided to beat the crowd. 
Some creepy Cabbies outside followed us halfway to our cars trying to get us to take a cab home, then have someone bring us back to our cars the next day (I think this is a practice of drunk people...but I'm not sure...) anyways...we ditched them and locked the car doors fast! 

 We laughed all the way home about ...well...everything and counted it as a night well spent!
YAY FOR GIRLS NIGHT!!!

PS- we weren't very creative in our posing were we???

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I totally do the same thing-think about how I am going to blog something, or how I would word it and then never post it...unless there is a picture to remind me. and even then it take 5 years :)

I totally thought you were going to say that you stood up and started doing the aqua cardio boxing chorey. that would have been awesome!

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to Lizzie! But Sherry nixed it!

AnnaMarie said...

Fun post! Good for you for getting out and doing something fun-ish! I have no clue who Leon Russell is.