Wedding Weekend 2010!!!

Hurray! We just (and by "just" I mean On Sunday...) got back from the wedding of Scott (my brother) and Erin, (my new SIL) in Newport!! 
SO GORGEOUS!
SO FUN! 
SO WISH THE PARTY WEEKEND WOULD HAVE LASTED A LITTLE LONGER!!!

Friday Dave and I flew out (Dave's parents graciously came in from Vegas to watch J while we went to the "Adults only" wedding of the century!) to Cali with Ryan and Emily (another bro and SIL) and it was great.  The flight wasn't too crowded, and I had something funny/sad/embarrassing happen...

  I carry a very cute, but very fake LV purse that I got in China.  Well, the stewardess who was being very snooty to everyone else, suddenly became my best friend because of my "Louis" I AM NOT THAT PERSON!  Anyway...she taught me a sure fire way of NEVER having anyone sit by you on an airplane (perfect for a little more arm room, not smelling anyone else's air for a few hours, and being able to quietly read your own book) she told me to hold a barf bag under my chin and breath deeply through my nose. Everyone getting on took one look at me and kept walking in a hurry!! At the end of the flight I was getting off the plane and said, "thanks for the tip!" she said, "Don't thank me, thank Louis!"  EMBARRASSING! That is enough to make me want to STOP carrying this very cute but VERY FAKE purse!

  Anyway, once in Cali we got checked into our hotel and promptly went to Mine and Dave's favorite ever restaurant- Pat and Oscars.  Number one best Salad AND number one best bread sticks ...EVER!!!  I have been following a really strict eating plan to get off all these "fertility treatment pounds" I put on, plus a few more, so this was the first real indulgence I have had a in a couple months. I savored my two bread sticks, and Dave at the other 11...yes, 11!!!!
 
  Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, so Dave and I relaxed and napped until we headed down PCH to Salt Creek Grill for a delicious dinner.  Something I learned about myself this weekend, is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to get dressed up for a fun event! I wouldn't want to do it every day, but it sure was fun to have time to do my hair and make up, and put on cute clothes that I'm not worried about what Jax is going to do to them!  Dinner was delicious, the company was so fun, and ALL ADULTS, so of course, we took lots of pictures!!

All the sisters except AnnaMarie... we missed you AM!!!

Me and my new sister Erin, who I absolutely ADORE!!!


We don't clean up half bad....

Mom, Amber and I...I think there is a slight family resemblance...don't you think?


All the sisters, plus MOM!!!


Saturday morning we slept in until 8:45 (WOOT WOOT!!!) and got up at our leisure.  I showered and got my hair process started.  At 12 Dave took me to the beautiful Montage resort, where I joined Erin and the bridesmaids for a getting ready and a pre-wedding party! It was a blast!  I didn't know anyone else there but Erin, but her bridesmaids were great and so friendly, and I got my hair and make-up done by a professional!  Yay! I loved the way they both turned out!!! 

I searched and searched for the perfect "Cocktail Chic" (that was the dress code) dress.  Something fun, and cute, and modest...and it was NO SIMPLE TASK!!!
I love the dress I found. I spent waaaaaaay more than I planned, but now I have a fancy dress for fancy occassions. I felt like a million bucks, and I will be happy to wear it again and again!

Trying to figure out which Earrings to wear...I grabbed this pic from her photogs site...

The absolutely stunning, gorgeous bride!!! Seriously! I. MEAN. SERIOUSLY!!!

The ceremony was short and sweet, and I even got to take part. I felt pretty honored, because I had the only "speaking part" (yes, I am a giant NERD) besides the officiator and Scott and Erin. I read one of their favorite poems!  During the ceremony everyone was quiet and listening, and at the most random and darling parts, Scott's daughter, Aurora, who was also a flower girl, would burst out in applause! Everyone else would laugh and applaud too, and it just added to the fun!


 
Afterward the PARTY STARTED!! Cocktail hour outside looking over the beach. The  hors d'oeuvres (yes I just googled that to make sure it was spelled correctly!!!) were delicious, and the Virgin Strawberry Coladas were flowing!!  It did get quite chilly out there on the beach in a cocktail dress...but the view was worth it! Everyone else brought a cute wrap...but coming from AZ...it's just impossible to imagine a place that would need a jacket at 6 at night!


At cocktail hour with Michelle, the woman who officated the wedding, and a very sweet gal!

Then we headed into the most beautifully decorated ballroom for dinner and some AWESOME DANCING!!!



   
Dave and I had an agreement...He would be happy for me to DANCE ALL NIGHT, and I would be happy for him to sit and NOT DANCE!!!!  We both loved the arrangement! He did dance two slow songs with me, and at the very very end of the night (midnight) he finally joined me for a few fast dances because at that point...nobody cared what anyone else was doing anyways! It was a blast!!! And did I mention, I LOVE TO DANCE!!?!?!?

At 12:15 when the party was ending...Erin still looks gorgeous...I think I look a little worse for the wear after 2 hours of dancing...oh well!!!

At dinner- Love my sis!

Also at Dinner, love my non-dancing Hubby!!

Dinner was fabulous, and they had a photobooth! It takes 4 pictures, and then gives you two copies, one to keep and one to scrapbook for the bride and groom. I took several sets of pictures in there with various people, and I will send a couple sets to work with Dave to scan! HILARIOUS!!!

  Sunday morning I slept in past nine (HEAVEN!) and then we got up and went to one last hurrah..breakfast! I had pumpkin Chocolate chip pancakes, and they were DIVINE!!! Oh. so. GOOD!!  At the airport our flight was delayed a few hours, but the boys were happy to watch the games, and I had a good book to snuggle up with!

  Ahhhhh...what a fun weekend! I wish I could go somewhere fancy, and dress up with no kids, and dance like a fool with several other people also dancing like fools, and enjoying themselves immensely! I love love love my new sister, and it was just perfect! I had been looking forward with great anticipation to everything about this weekend, and it met every expectation...I love it when that happens!!!

10 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Nice post, Ashley. Wow, looks like an amazing time. I love both of your dresses. (Wow! You look great!) Erin was a beautiful bride, and everything looks gorgeous. I'm glad you guys had a fun time there.

Lizzie said...

You look GORGEOUS in all those pics. I love that Yellow dress with the red necklace! And the black-oo la la!!

Dave must have been walking around one happy man :)

Rachel said...

i said it once but ill say it again, you look so dang good!Looks like you had a fun time, You are gorgeous!

Flaherty Fam said...

Love the wedding, love the funness, and love, love, love your dresses. Where did you end up getting them at? Wouldn't it be nice to have yourself "professionally" done up all the time?! No wonder the stars always look fantastic...they better with all that help.

The Gentry's said...

You look AMAZING! What a fun wedding for all.

Kelly said...

Ashley: You look AMAZING!! First of all your a bean pole! Second of all love the style with the yellow dress and red necklace, third of all you seem really happy. What a fun, fun wedding! I wish I could have joined you on the dance floor and put Erik on the side with DAve. You've seen his "mean" dance moves right? Yes, he definitely gets to sit with Dave :).

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow, what a beautiful wedding! Both of your dresses are gorgeous and you definitely looked like a million bucks in them!

Lisa said...

You looked gorgeous!!!! I love that dress! And you're making was perfect. I want that make-up!

ThePalmers said...

If you do no remove that last picture of you and I IMMEDIATELY I am going to disown you... and believe me, you do not want me to have to do that...

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Ash!
You look absolutely gorgeous in your dresses. Classy and sassy.
Fantastic.
Miss you.