Family Vacation...again!?

For Pete Sake! I just need to finish blogging about this before I forget everything...like I already have!

The highlights of the rest of the trip were-
1.  Most of the siblings/SIL/BIL played a round of paint ball...and all who had never played before scoffed at my bowing out because it just hurts too dang much.  I promise, I had the last laugh after everyone had huge ginormous bruises, welts and bleeding sores!

Jaxon did the climbing wall.  He didn't like it, but he did it, sort of! Maybe in two years it will be more up his alley!

(The look on his face in this first picture pretty much sums it all up...)


Jaxon FINALLY got to go fishing, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be!  He (grandpa) finally caught a fish, and wouldn't even touch it...let alone kiss it!!

My VERY ALL TIME FAVORITE PART OF THE VACATION, and a moment that ranks in the top 5 (Quite possibly #1!!!) of all time favorite mother/memories is the family dance.  I have no pictures, but the most wonderful memories!  Jaxon didn't want to go...but all his cousins/aunts/uncles/grandma/grandpa...and of course me... were going. Finally he conceded to go, not because he wanted to, but becuase the alternative was bedtime.  So he said, "I WILL GO...BUT I WON'T DANCE!"  So like his father...
  We got there and he and his other cousin held grandpa's hands while he danced and they mostly got swung around.  Oakley started getting into it, and Jaxon...well...Jaxon started shrugging his shoulders, but it was a start!
   He didn't want me to look at him...let alone dance with him.  After a few songs the "line dances" started  "Electric slide, Makarena, Charlie Brown" and Jax could see that I knew them and Grandpa didn't, so over he came.  For the next 40 minutes, we had more fun together than I can ever remember having with him.  We laughed hysterically, DANCED HYSTERICALLY, and loved every second.  When he couldn't get the steps I would pick him up and dance around crazily with him on my shoulders or in my arms.  Finally, an hour and a half past his bedtime he said, "Pick me up mom" and immediately put his head on my shoulder.  I asked him if he was ready to go home and he said "NO! PLEASE KEEP DANCING!"  so I did. For about 10 more minutes until he was OUT! There were times during the dance that I had tears of sheer joy in my eyes. I don't even know how to explain why it was so wonderful, except that we just adored the heck out of each other for that whole time!  Nobody else cared that I was dancing like a moron, and my little 4 year old thought I was the best ever! I can promise you, there is no better feeling than the complete adoration of your little boy!

Final Verdict- I LOVE FAMILY VACATIONS! I had such a blast, and was especially excited that Dave got to be there for a full 28 hours! (which is 28 hours more than he got to spend with us at the Rogers' family reunion last year!) I loved that for that week, Jaxon and I got to be very best friends. Not that I didn't  miss Dave, but J is getting to that point, were Dad is his idol, and Mom is...well...A GIRL! I loved seeing my brothers, sister and In laws...especially girl time with the sis and SILs!
Ahhhh...I hope the next one comes quickly!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Great pictures, Ashley. We sure had a fun vacation. I hope the next one comes quickly too. And that Dave can come for the week next time!

Roger and Stephnie said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! Where is the place you go? It sounds amazing!