I guess it will wait...

I have been wanting to do a blog post for a few days now called
 "all the things I love about Jaxon right now, and don't want to forget."
Lots of cute 4-yr old things that he will grow out of soon enough.  At the moment though, he is locked in his room, screaming his head off, while I am sitting at the computer getting myself together. He just had the mother of all tantrums, and yup...he hit me. That is absolutely not allowed (duh...) and when he does it he gets vinegar sprayed in his mouth with a spray bottle (maximizes the area that get's vinegared). He was so mad at this (I have to hold him down, hold his hands down, and plug his nose until he opens his mouth to breath in order to do it) that he kicked me...which means...MORE VINEGAR.  After that he screamed in my ear as loud as he could while I was trying to tell him how much I love him but that hitting or kicking mom, or women in general, is never allowed.  So I marched him up to his room so we could both have some cool down time. I didn't yell at him, and I didn't raise my voice...but boy am I mad.
Let's chalk this one up to "I love you Jaxon, but  I really WANT TO FORGET about this..."

8 comments:

Momma Malia said...

whew! those times sure are tough to keep your cool. good job momma.

ThePalmers said...

I hate those moments, too! Good job for not yelling!

Sherri Macdonald said...

i totally would have yelled and much more. i commend you on your patience. good luck.

Kelly said...

Ashley I have told you how many times Jaxon reminds me of Parker. I am having dejavu (sp?) just reading this. I am so glad these times have passed for us and I know they will with you. I also kept meaning to comment about your post that you are happy! I am so happy you are. What an example you are to me Ashley. I sure love you!

AnnaMarie said...

Dang it. 4-year-olds do that, too? I'm sorry, Ashley. Those are the times that makes being a mom the hardest job in the world. You're doing just fine, and Jaxon is learning what he needs to learn.

Jen and Bryan said...

I'm sorry but that is HYSTERICAL!! We have "sassy spray" around here too and the mere mention of it sends the kids running. Is it bad that it makes me giggle? You did the right thing and I'm sure will look back in a few years and thing "if only I could spray some vinigar in his mouth to help him see what a bafoon he's being..."

Mimi said...

Good for you, stay strong mommy, and soon you'll be laughing at all these silly moments. Still do the post though, you'll be glad you did someday.

Sarah said...

Wow, I am impressed. You're doing a great job.
You were loving and in control during a completely stressful situation.
Great job not losing your temper.
What's your secret?