Ferrell Family Vacation Part 1

I am still anti-blogging, and still haven't figured out the reason! But none the less, I will want to remember all this, so HERE WE GO!

Pre-story:  For the second year in a row, Dave was unable to attend the big family reunion. Last year, Rogers in Yellowstone, this year Ferrell's at Aspen Groves.  I'm praying this never happens again. I miss my man, the help, the company, and making family memories that include HIM!

Thursday- The Drive to Provo
  Jaxon and I decided to caravan up with my brother and his girls.  We also invited our two other nieces to switch back and forth between cars for fun and help. 
Side notes- driving makes me bored, which makes me hungry.  Usually Dave drives and I sleep, I'm EXCELLENT at falling asleep for lengthy car rides. So trying to eat healthy, I had a lot of diet caffinated soda, and sun flower seeds to keep me alert. (sounds healthy, right?)

1st leg- Jaxon (4) and Makenna (7) worked out pretty well. Makenna was a big help, and things only got dicey when they disagreed on the DVD selection
2nd- Jaxon (4) and Alyssa (11 going on 19) HEAVEN!  She helped Jaxon, didn't care about watching the DVD, and chatted with me like a girlfriend would! I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!
3rd- Jaxon and Makenna again...going downhill...they were both tired of being in the car, and tired of each other.
4th- Peyton (8) and Makenna (7) This really wouldn't have been too bad if It hadn't been the last leg of the trip. They were good girls acting exactly their age, but I was a little frazzled having driven the whole thing myself, and their laughter and sillyness was a little loud.  I should probably apologize for being cranky...but they should probably apologize for hitting the DVD player repeatedly! (oh wait, they did!)

We got Checked into the Super 8 right across from BYU and hit the sack.  Not the nicest hotel, but for 28 of us for the nights before Aspen Groves, it was fine. If it were anywhere else in the nation I may have feared for my safety...but good old Provo...NAH!

FRIDAY
  I got together with a bestie from yonderyear, Lindsay, and couldn't have enjoyed more, our time sitting outside the creamery while our sons got sticky eating ice cream, and dirty launching dirt clods!
  All the fam started rolling in, and it was wonderful, loud, overwhelming, and wonderful to have all 28 there!
I had a mini- melt down that I think scared everyone as to my mental status for the rest of the trip, but luckily it was the only one.

 Family drama ensued...enough said.

Friday afternoon we all went to 7 peaks. It was a great time.  Everyone watched out for everyone elses little ones, Dad kept the snacks, drinks, and burgers flowing, and even got talked into going down 2 of the scariest slides there.  In his defense, my brothers didn't actually tell him which slide he would be going down. I saw him on the walk back, holding his chest.  He said he renamed the slides. One was called "Nearer My God to Thee" and the other was "Lord I'm Coming Home"  ...at least he had a sense of humor about it!   This was the first activity where everyone got to start getting to know my brother's fiance Erin, and WE LOVE HER! She is wonderful, beautiful, kind and thoughtful, and I can't wait until she is really my sister!

 Friday night more family drama...enough said!  :o)

I think that's the end of days without pictures, so I'll end there for today

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Haha...I like Dad's names for the water slides. What a great time! Keep the posts coming!

Kimm said...

It wouldn't be a true family reunion without family drama........And, you are a brave soul for driving the whole thing by yourself!

The Gentry's said...

Wow, I can't believe you drove that all yourself! I've never been to seven peaks but now I'm so curious with the names your dad gave the slides, haha.