Jaxon says...

First off, yesterday Jaxon had his first day with more Frowny Freds than Happy Jaxons. There were a lot of contributing factors, namely the extreme crankiness of both he and his mother from only getting about 3 hours sleep the night before. (J was up with a fever, throwing up, shivering, coughing, not being able to breath through his nose, etc) I was on my way home so he and Dave counted them. Dave said,
"Jaxon, do you know what this means?"
"I don't get to put up a token. And it's going to take me longer to get to the brown castle. And that makes me sad, so I better work harder tomorrow."
Well...no lecture needed! I think he gets it!

Yesterday Jaxon contested a Frowny Fred so he got sent to his room. He walked slowly with his head hanging down, and boy it was sad. About two minutes later he called,
"Mom come to the bottom of the stairs please." I came to the bottom, and he was at the top holding his beloved Bumble Bear, who he has informed us is also his baby.
He said,"NO MORE AUNT ASHLEY!"
I said, "What?"
He said, "You used to be Bumble's Aunt, now he's too sad. You're not his aunt Anymore!"

Today I was making bread, and Jaxon wanted some dough to knead. I gave his a small piece and he said,
"Mom, this is a wuggily worm!" I said, "Wow! Tell me about it!"
He said, "Wuggily worms are flat and round. They love their families and they know about Jesus...but they don't like girls...at all! If a girl tries to touch them, they will bite and scratch the girls. You better tell my girl cousins to watch out for my wuggily worms."
I said I would do that and he went to play at his small table with is dough.
A few minutes later he came in and said, "Mom, my wuggily worm is so sad."
"Why"
"Because he doesn't have a family to love."
So I gave him a few more pinches of dough, and he made a Wuggily worm Family. He told me lots more about them, and then named them all "Chuggily, buggily, muggily, and stuggily."
I had put all the dough in pans and it was rising with plastic wrap over it. Jaxon told me that he needed plastic wrap for his wuggily worms too...and that he needed to tape it down so they didn't attack me, since I am a girl. I was feeling so bad about getting "Grouchiest mom of the year" yesterday, that I just handed him the tape and told him to go for it. I now have 5 pieces of bread dough stuck to my counter, with copious amounts of tape holding them down with plastic. I sure love that kid and his imagination.

4 comments:

The Ferrells said...

Love the commentary--just makes me love the little guy even more!!r

AnnaMarie said...

That's cute! And I was in the same bed as Katie because (1) I was really tired, and (2) I lay by her to get her to sleep some days, if Jane's already asleep. Which is not often. Then when she falls asleep I switch her to her bed. Or, if Tyler's coming home in the middle of the night, sometimes I keep her in bed with me and let him move her when he gets home so I have someone to snuggle. :)

Marie said...

Love the wuggily worm family. Love the karate pics. And totally gonna try the happy/sad jars. We need help around here. I think I'm throwing more tantrums than anyone else!

Sarah said...

You're doing a great job, Ash (and Dave)!!!
Keep up the good work.
And keep us posted on Happy Jaxon's journey to the Brown Castle.