The Latest...


So...after much MILDLY uncomfortable, and WILDLY expensive testing, we have been diagnosed as "Unexplained Infertilty."

I think I could have saved thousands of dollars and just told the Dr. that myself...since we had no problem having Jaxon, but are now having problems...but that's not the way it works in this crazy fertility world.

We have a doctor that we absolutely love, and he has extremely high hopes for our in-vetro success because we fall into the catagory of highest success! HURRAY!

Which only leaves the question, WHEN? Well, that my friends, we are going to keep a little close to the heart right now. I am not embarrassed that we are doing it, and will happily share our whole experience with anyone who is curious. It will be sometime in the next 7 months, but it is just too much pressure for me to have everyone know exactly when. I know you all don't live and die by my blog posts and daily goings on...but just knowing that people are anxiously waiting to hear that outcome...it's too much for me.

Don't get me wrong...when we get into the thick of things, shots, drugs, CRAZINESS LIKE I'VE NEVER KNOWN (and believe me, that's saying something!) I may change my mind and share what I'm going through. To anyone who knows anything (which is mostly everyone) about fertility, this may give you some insight to our actual schedule and dates. So, that's fine, just please don't ask me about specifics.

I promise when all is said, done, and injected, I will let everyone know either "We did In-vetro, AND IT WORKED!" or "We did in-vetro, and it didn't work."

We would most definately be so grateful for any prayers, or fasting, or temple attendance keeping us in mind. We would love it...so thanks in advance.

6 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Good luck with everything! I know how difficult this journey can be so you guys will be in my prayers.

AnnaMarie said...

We love you, Ashley!

Flaherty Fam said...

Good luck! I wish you the best and hope that eveything works out. Who is the fertility dr that you are seeing? I'm curious to know if it's the same one we went to for our IUI's and then invitro consultations.

Jen and Bryan said...

I smell triplets coming! :) I hope for the best. You two are great parents and you have to get another one so Jaxon doesn't think he's the ONLY cute kid in the family. :)

Heather Jeppsen said...

Good luck with everything. I've done it and it worked for us. We have a cute 1 year old now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll probably be going through it again in the next 6 months or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Or as I've heard others say keep your fingers and legs crossed!

Trish said...

Good luck with your fertility adventures. I am following a blog of a woman who did the in vitro twice and the first time she miscarried but the second time is going well so far. You might also try a "fertility cleanse"- if you're interested just ask google!