The Scouts Say...

Yesterday we were working on the "Family Member" badge. The question was what are the different roles/jobs of everyone in your family?

I asked one boy what his mom's job is and he said, "My Mom? She doesn't work! She doesn't do ANYTHING!"
I said: "Who cooks? Who cleans? Who does the laundry?"
He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Uh, that's not work!"

The next boy I asked- "What is your dad's job in your family?"
boy- "My dad doesn't have a job! He just goes to work all day!... lucky..."

Then just to give you the mentality of the age group I'm working with...we were planning a week of healthy meals...and these were some of the suggestions I Got-

A tuba
Flies on trash
And my favorite "Elephant droppings" Which another boy then said under his breath, "you mean crap..."
I said, "Let's be serious. You don't eat elephant droppings for dinner!"
he said under his breath "Tastes like it..."

3 comments:

The Ferrells said...

Makes Jaxon seem like an angel, doesn't it? Boys are so funny and so fun--

AnnaMarie said...

Nice. Love my girls.

Sherri Macdonald said...

I assume it was my child that said the word crap under his breath! And I hope he wasn't the one saying his mom does nothing, because he learned last week that mom's have tons of jobs they'd love to share with their children. He was able to do many of them when his dad caught him sassing his mom.