I LOVE you Bank Lady,...and Dave...seriously?

Let me start this story by saying we bank at our grocery store, and know most of the bank people on a first name basis. They know Jaxon by name, what he's interested in etc. So today, one of the newer tellers comes over to where I'm transacting and says,

"I just have to tell you, for a young mom, you are always so well put together!"

HAHAHAHA!!! Let me highlight TWO reasons why that made my entire year-

1. YOUNG MOM!?!?! I won't ask what the criteria are, I will just say thank you!

2. WELL PUT TOGETHER!?!?! Anyone who actually knows me, knows that is a JOKE! Here's the thing. Anyone who is busy/a mom/wants to save a little on gas/isn't crazy ---runs all their errands at once if possible. Well, usually the first time I leave the house in the morning is to go teach at the gym, thus, I'm in gym clothes with my hair pulled back as tight as possible (I'm a little OCD about hair touching my face or neck while exercising!) And once I'm out- I'm out. So most of my errands get run while I'm not only in my gym clothes, but AFTER I have taught a class so I look like a drowned rat and smell like one too. She must have seen me the two times in my life that I went to the grocery store in actual clothes...but bless her heart!

Next up, I bought myself a pair of cute jeans. I'm tired of jeans that don't fit right because they cost $16 at Walmart, and telling myself I will buy nicer ones when I'm at a size I actually want to admit to wearing...well NO MORE. I bought a cute pair of Silver's that I love, that has a tiny bit of artful snagging in it. (I'm was pretty sure it's not so much that it makes me look like a "young mom" with an identity crisis...but now I'm not so sure) So I wore them today and when Dave got home this was our conversation-
ME: "Do you like my jeans?"
Dave: "Yes, but what happened to them???"
Me: THE LOOK
Dave: "Please don't tell me you bought them like that!?"
Me- THE LOOK
Dave: "Seriously? Did you EXPECT me to like them?"
Me- THE LOOK
Dave- "I mean...I like this part over hear, and the legs and everything else, but the tears...really?"
Me- THE LOOK

5 comments:

Colburns said...

I want to see a picture of them! I bet they are so cute and now you know the moral to my story MORE EXPENSIVE JEANS ARE JUST PLAIN BETTER!!!!

AnnaMarie said...

Good job getting yourself some jeans that you love. Dave...really? He should know by now, shouldn't he? Yes, the answers is YES!

Sarah said...

Oh, I love it.
Your stories are so entertaining. I've missed reading about all your goings on.

I love the jeans story. Classic Dave. And your retellings are so perfect.
Thanks.

The Ferrells said...

I think you are a young mom, too. Does that make me a young grandma? Don't worry, young or old, it's my favorite role in the world. Gotta love that darling and honest Dave!

Roger and Stephnie said...

I want to see a pic of them too! I just bought some new jeans and asked Roger what he thought of them. He said they looked like jeans my little girl would wear but not me. Nice. THanks!