Purple Day!




At Preschool...or should I say, "Early Childhood Education and development Lab" (In case any of you never need to drop off/pick up Jaxon) they are learning the colors of the rainbow as one of their activities. Every day for 6 days they have had a color a day, starting with red etc etc. where they wear that color, and all their crafts and snacks have to do with that color. We have had a lot of fun with it...until today... PURPLE DAY! Jaxon doesn't own any purple clothes. I went shopping several places and couldn't find any purple boy clothes. So, we were going to have to skip "dressing up" all together...but...
DA, DA, DA....GRANDMA SAVES THE DAY!!!
Grandma Ferrell just couldn't bear the thought of Jaxon not wearing something purple, so she shopped, and shopped and finally found 2 things. I purple polo that was slightly too big, and a sleeveless jersey in the old school D-Backs colors. Jaxon chose the polo, because even though it was a "girl color" it was a "boy shirt" (because it had a collar) The Jersey he deemed a girl shirt, 1. Because it was purple, and 2. Because it was sleeveless!
As an added bonus, Grandma also got Jaxon some purple Halloween socks (which I held my tongue about, even though they were girl socks...because Jaxon LOVED them!) So today after preschool Ms. Rochelle said that Jaxon had a great day, and LOVED being the only boy who wore purple, and the ONLY PERSON to have purple socks. Ms. Rochelle and the other teachers made a big deal out of it, and Jaxon was on cloud 9.
PS- Jaxon is having quiet time in his room, but just knocked on his door for me to come in, then asked me "Can I please read my scriptures to my dinosaurs if Im very careful?"
MELT MY HEART!!

4 comments:

The Ferrells said...

What a boy!! I'm going to have to counteract his dad's influence about girl colors, clothes, etc!! I'm so happy that everyone appreciated the purple--

Sarah said...

Aww, what a fabulous purple day!
I love the idea of the kids wearing the colors that they're learning about.
And Jaxon is so sweet, wanting to read scriptures to his dinosaurs.
Awwwww.
He's adorable.

Trish said...

Purple is my favorite color! And yet I only own 2 purple shirts and one purple dress. I guess I just don't want to end up on a makeover show or something. That is really cute how he wants to read the scriptures to his dinosaurs.

AnnaMarie said...

Love the purple. How cool.