AWESOME/ NOT AWESOME

Time for another installment of Awesome/Not Awesome, but today we will start with "NOT AWESOME" (there may seem like a lot of unrelated "not-awesomes" but bear with me and you will see them all come together quite nicely...)

NOT AWESOME:
~Jaxon hasn't napped in 5 days (Jaxon needs naps!)
~I needed to take my parents to the airport today during naptime
~Jaxon was hungry
~Jaxon screamed/yelled/whined/cried pretty much the whole way there, and HALF the way home
~I was driving my mom's Lexus...which is WAAAAYYY quieter at 80 MPH than my Honda. (normally, that would be in the "Awesome" catagory, but you may see where I'm going with this...)
~On the way home, the louder Jaxon screamed...the faster I drove...

~I got pulled over on the ramp from the 202 to the 101...

~Going 85...

~In a construction zone...

~oops.

AWESOME:
~I apologized to the officer and blamed the whole thing on Jaxon's screaming (At this point he was dead silent but did have tears in his eyes) (probably thought I was selling him out and sending HIM To jail...poor kid!) And also on the fact that I was driving my moms nice quiet car...
~Officer QuackenBush (Not a joke...) gave me a warning, and told me...
"When I was a kid, if I misbehaved, my dad said, "Keep screaming and I'm gonna pull over, take off my belt, and use it on you. It always worked for me...."
~Officer QuackenBush leaned in the back window and gave Jaxon a stern lecture about yelling while mommy is driving!
~Jaxon was silent almost the whole way home...
~When he started crying I reminded him about what Officer Quackenbush said and he zipped right up and asked, "Otherwise I would be breaking the law mom? And they would pull ME over?" "Yep. That's right Jaxon!"
~Silence the rest of the ride home!

If I can get some good milage from Officer Quackenbush's threat to Jaxon, this whole experience was WELL WORTH IT!!!

PS- this is my second time getting pulled over...on the freeway...this year...and only getting a warning!

8 comments:

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow, what a day! I can't believe you only got a warning especially in a construction zone. That is definitely AWESOME! I love how Jaxon is now breaking the law if he yells at you in the car. That is priceless.

Flaherty Fam said...

You lucky, lucky girl! Sounds like you got a nice officer, but I can understand your reasoning for being a speed demon...kids sure can rile up those nerves!

Trish said...

Sounds like a story that I would put in the "awesome" category! I'll have to remember that one and use it on my own kids one day.

AnnaMarie said...

That is awesome. I'm glad that you can use the police against Jaxon. :) Hope he starts napping! No nap days stink.

Colburns said...

You are so lucky! I can't believe how that situation turned out for you, but I must say that I am glad that it turned out that way.

Brandis said...

Yay for Officer Quackenbush and yay for you getting off with a warning! :)

Tyler said...

Lucky. One of these days your luck is going to run out and you are going to get a $300 fine. Plus all those photo radar on the freeway. Glad it ended well.

Brit said...

wow! I love your stories! Very much not awesome at first. Reminds me of a daughter of mine, hmm maybe I should try and purposely get pulled over while she is screaming! Have the cop teach her a thing or two. But way to go on the warnigs, so lucky!