First Day of Preschool












Today was it, the official first day. Ahhh... wow. It was wonderful, and hard for me all at once. I am so glad I have him in the child development lab at MCC, I just love it. I spent the entire morning of preschool (yes, all 3 hours) in the observation room with the headphones on- watching through the one way mirror and listening to everything going on. Yes, I know that sounds overprotective, and possibly creepy...but actually it's incredibly interesting to watch your child interact, while they do not know you are there! Jax had a great day, and really loved it. There were some pretty funny parts, including when he really didn't understand the "Fruit Parfait" they were supposed to be making for snack time...so he just kept adding stuff to his cup and stirring until someone noticed... I was laughing, and he didn't seem to notice too much that he didn't really eat any of the snack!

Please note- I do not plan on spending all day every day observing. Just for this first day I was a little self indulgent. After class we had a little picnic outside with his friend Brailyn and her mom (even though it was SUPER HOT) the kids ran themselves silly..actually they ran themselves exhausted, and Jaxon took a fantastic nap!

Hurray for education! WHAT A BLESSING!!!

3 comments:

Alexandra Robertson said...

ahhhhhh preschool!i hope he has fun and i hope your ok!Our pictures were taken in downtown riverside, we drove all the way there for that building,well woth it i think:)!

Sarah said...

Oh, that's awesome.
Little Jaxon is sure growing up.
I love that you're able to watch and listen without the kids knowing.
Wish Noah's would do that.
Ah well.
He starts next week!
Such fun for us all.

Courtney said...

He looks SO cute!! :) ... and GROWN UP! I guess its been a while since we hung out! :)