Goodbye Dave...I'll be gone longer than I originally planned...

You know how when you're looking for your life to be crappy, it is? And when you are looking for the blessings instead, you totally find them? Well, since Dave was out of work, we really tried hard to remember our blessings, and I swear they keep coming in. I got tons of out-of-the-blue photo work, and two extra classes at the gym during that time. I can't believe how much that helped us out...that and a SERIOUSLY tight budget. Then Dave got an awesome, AWESOME job waaaaay closer to home. Then I somehow fell into this awesome photo opportunity with City of Mesa, and now, it's happened again! I just got hired by a law firm to go to Miami (can take Jaxon, totally fine and also totally paid for!) to do some last minute photo shooting that they need for a case at the end of August. What does this mean to the Rogers Family? It means Jaxon and I will drive back to Provo to my parents condo after the Yellowstone trip... Shower, do a load of laundry, leave all our camping stuff there, and fly from SLC to Miami for a week to do some shooting. It's great because all expenses are paid, and I'm making "I got hired by a law firm" prices not, "I got hired to do some family pictures" prices. This is really such a blessing to us as we are about to finally pull out of our "out of work hole"...the only downside...Jax and I won't see Dave for...uh...15 days? Bye Dave! I LOVE YOU!!!!

3 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

That is SO cool!!! Is this your brother's law firm or just some random one that found your work somewhere?

Haleigh said...

Ashley- That is great news! Glad to hear that things are going so well for you!

Haleigh

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow! That is so great! It's amazing how the blessings come rolling in when you're doing your best.