"You can't stop me! "


Um...have I mentioned that Jaxon is on a bit of a pet obsession? Honestly, I don't know how long this is going to last, but he is relentless! Yesterday on the way to a bar-b-que with some friends (in the biggest, most awesome, kid friendly backyard I have EVER seen in Arizona) this was our conversation-

J: "Why can't we have a dog instead of a Mommy?"

M: "Who would take you to the park, and Miss Jen's gym, and tuck you in?"

J: "Oh, daddy can do all dat stuff."

M: "No, daddy has to work."

J: "hmmm...well...I'm just going to say a prayer and ask Henny Faddur for a doggy!"

M: "Jaxon, we don't ask Heavenly Father for things that aren't good for us. It wouldn't be good for us to have a dog because they make Mommy sick!"

J: "Well I AM going to say a prayer and YOU CAN'T STOP ME, CAUSE YOU'RE DRIVING!"

~~"Dear Henny Faddur, thank you for my blessings, and um, I WISH FOR A PUPPY!...oh, and AMEN...HA!!!"

(Note, that is not a "hahaha" where he was laughing, no it was one, loud triumphant "HA!" has in "SEE! I did it SO THERE!")

M: "Jaxon, Heavenly Father can't send you a dog."

J: "Fine! Dear Henny Faddur, I wish for a KITTY!...and AMEN!"
I think he may be getting Heavenly Father, Santa Claus, and the genie from Aladdin a little confused...but on the bright side...at least he's praying!

4 comments:

fish said...

hilarious. seriously. so funny. you must just laugh all day w/ that kid.

Sarah said...

I love it.
Jaxon's so determined to get a pet. And I love that he knows that Heavenly Father is there for him.
Too bad Dave's not allergic, too.
Maybe you could have Dave tested so it'll relieve you of the burden of being the main reason for no cats or dogs.
Perhaps it'll pass.
Or you could have Dave take Jaxon on playdates to pet stores that let you play with the puppies and kitties. Some even have private cubicles that you can take the pets into. That way Jaxon gets his fix and you don't suffer.

Roger and Stephnie said...

I love hearing all the "Jaxonisms." He seriously cracks me up! He has quite the little personality. I will have to meet him in person someday.

Brandis said...

Little kid prayers are the best! :)