Dinner Time Lecture

As I was getting ready to post this I said to Dave, " I really wish we had some of these Jaxon Monologues taped, because I think it's really hard for other people to believe that he actually says all these things..."
Anyway...
Tonight at dinner, out of the blue,
Jaxon says, " Hey Guys! We're eating dinner togedder as a family!"
Me: "That's right Jaxon. Aren't we lucky to have a family? We have so many blessings, and if we make good choices, we will all be able to live together forever with Heavenly Father!"
(Jaxon thought about this for a moment, then his dreaded pointer finger came up, and we knew we were in for a lecture...this is the point where either Dave or I usually have to excuse ourselves...because if we are both listening, we will crack up laughing together)
Jaxon: "Well! You're a naughty boy and you're a naughty girl and I'm a good boy! And if you put me in time out ever again, I'll live with Heavenly Fadder forever without you guys, and YOU'LL BE BROKEN!!"
(Dave and I just looked at each other, and were trying hard not to laugh, and also trying to figure out where all this was coming from because Jaxon had a fabulous day with no timeouts...well Jaxon interpreted this as him needing to clarify his position a little more..)
Jaxon: I'm just gonna tell Heavenly Fadder dat you're broken!!!
Me: "Jaxon, you're right, you are a good boy!"
Jaxon: "NO! I'm a naughty boy!"
The conversation quickly deteriorated from here...but Dave and I have laughed about it ever since.

Jaxon has also been on a pet kick lately (asking if we could have a puppy instead of a mom...)
Yesterday he really tried to pull a fast one on me...He asked me Oh-so nonchalantly, "Mom, do cows make you sneeze?"
I said, "Nope!"
So he said, "Good! We can get a cow for a pet! Hurray!!!"

2 comments:

Roger and Stephnie said...

He is so hilarious!

Sarah said...

Are you serious?!? 105 degrees F? That's ridiculously hot!
You should vacation in the spring in New England.
Next year, you can do the Great Park Pursuit with us!

Now on to comments on this post:
I love Jaxon conversations.
You never know what to expect, and you're always entertained.

Oh, and as far as pets go... maybe Jaxon will settle for a fish.