Come Back SCRUNCHIE!


Come back and bring your soft, fluffy goodness with you!

I bought a pack of scruchies a while back for our 80's release at the gym, and have recently taken to using them when I got to bed now that it's too dang hot to sleep with my hair down. Darn if I didn't forget how nice scrunchies really are. They are soft, durable, poofy, and they don't snap your hairs off. So, I know the 80's are making a comeback...something of which I have taken a sacred vow NEVER to get involved in, but for scrunchies...I would make an exception...so all you fashion-forward fashionistas...is the scrunchy comin' back or what???

(I mean...who could say NO to this green beauty???)

6 comments:

fish said...

i too miss the scrunchie. mostly because they didn't leave a crease in my hair and also because i loved using them as a bracelet. and that green one would have matched my outfit perfectly!

Sarah said...

Hmm, maybe they could come up with a soft & functional hair band of sorts that wasn't so... scrunchy.
I dunno.
I like the functionality of a scrunchy, but I do not miss the bulkiness.
Plus they slipped out of my hair easier than the current "ouchless" kinds.

Trish said...

I can't say that they are coming back. I think they'd be seen as frumpy since most of the looks being sported now are close to the body and streamlined. I just think the "baggy look" never made a successful comeback. The scrunchie seems to be part of that look.

Brandis said...

I bought Ashtyn a swimming suit on clearance last fall and it came with a matching scrunchie, which I thought was a little odd since heavy water-laden scrunchies don't stay in hair very well. I have to admit though, as I was putting it away in the bathroom yesterday I had to fight my instinct to stick it around my wrist and then put my hair in a loopy ponytail with it. :) She also got a matching scrunchie with the gymnastics outfit I bought her a couple years ago but didn't have enough hair to merit using it. At this point, I'd be more in favor of scrunchies coming back than some of the other nasty 80s/90s "fashions".

Cicily said...

No.

The Hoopers said...

Do I need to prepare an emergency scrunchie intervention, because I totally will...

However scrunchies are still everywhere in the gymnastics world we live in. I admit I even let Liv use her matching scrunchie/leotard combo on occasion. :)