Busy Busy

I have been super busy lately, and while it has been a blessing to be working so much, I have been neglecting my family, home, blog, pictures of my boys, etc. Just wanted to do a quick post about something fun- I hosted my "Non-bunco playing bunco group" On Friday. We get together once a month and whoever hosts decides on the menu, activity, etc. Every month is totally different and every month is really fun. I had bunco on the mind when I went to China and got all my gifts etc. from there.

Amber came over and helped me cook some delicious, healthier versions of Chinese Favorites (baked spring rolls, teriyaki chicken, sweet and sour chicken, sauted asian veggies, fried rice, white rice...and then very non-Chinese dessert of Choc. cake, raspberry sauce, fresh berries and whip cream!)

We all ate and then cleared out the table for the next part. I brought knock-off designer purses home and we played the White elephant game with stealing/trading for our activity. It was a lot of fun, and no one got too upset about purses being stolen.
After that we had our dessert and talked into the wee hours of the night. Girls nights are always such a good stress release, even when you have to plan them!
The simple decor-
The Chinese Table-
The place setting- everyone got their own set of hand painted Chop sticks...but everyone was too hungry to try to use them!...except Sheri, she was a trooper!
The purses- all wrapped up for the surprise!
The other take-home gift...a set of hand-painted book marks and a traditional Chinese treat (gross! but traditional none-the-less!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, you really go all out for your GNOs.
Dang.
I love GNOs. And yeah, it actually takes serious planning to have one, but they're so worth it!
Looks super fun.
I think we should all have one this summer. Maybe go to the movies, etc.
:)

Trish said...

That looks like it was really fun!

Cicily said...

That was a great night, you did an awesome job. Please post your recipes to the blog, they were awesome. Also let me know when I can put in an order with your parents :)