In that case...


Since weird phone calls are about the most interesting thing in my life right now, here's another for you.

My cousin Heather called me yesterday, and I needed to call her back. Since my phone perished in the watery depths, I didn't have her number programmed in, so I went back in my missed calls, and picked the first number I didn't recognize-

Man: Hello?
Me: Hi! Is Heather there?
Man: No...but I sure wish she was...I'm so alone...
(I was a little confused, because he didn't sound a lot like Heather's hubby...)
Me: Umm...is this Tyson, or did I call the wrong number?
Man: It's the wrong number...but I still really wish I had a Heather...

Which begs the question- WHO THE HECK DID I CALL? It was someone who had called my phone earlier in the day, and I don't remember any other messages or phone conversations with someone I didn't know...so Man, who are you?

9 comments:

fish said...

if your "lame" is always this funny, i hope your life stays boring! you have been cracking me up!
--sherry fish

Brit said...

wow very he intersting he sounds sorta creepy lonely

michelle said...

Creepy.

Momma Malia said...

don't for get when you tried to call walgreens and got the Hiya Hooooney! maybe it was him:)

Jaime G. Fryer said...

What? You lost your phone in the watery depths? Me too, just last week!!! I'm loving your blog! Your China trip looks awesome! Here is the link to my blog:
www.markandjaimefryer.blogspot.com
I'm not as funny as you:-)

Jaime G. Fryer said...

Oh, and I'm adding you to my blog roll! Hope you don't mind! I enjoyed reading blog a little too much! Feel free to add me too! See you Sunday!

Brandis said...

Oh, man, that is hilarious! Creepy but hilarious. :) That story + the awesome picture were just the afternoon pick-me-up that I needed. :)

Sarah said...

That is so funny.
And I love the pic you posted.
I could just see that guy as the one wishing for a Heather.

Jen and Bryan said...

that's great!!! i love it!