"It's beginning to look a LITTLE like Christmas"

Well, we kinda dropped the ball on Christmas this year, what with being super busy, super sick, and in/out of town. We got our lights up right away (thanks Dave and Ryan) but our tree still remains sans ornaments. We got some cute decor up, and most of it has sentimental value. I have come to learn with Dave that we will never have a "classy Christmas"...Christmas is so special to Dave-- all decor, ornaments, etc should be homemade, from the heart, and as tacky as possible! (and yes, Dave IS wearing his 25 days of Christmas socks...adding to his collection this year a pair that are motion-sensored light ups!!) Anyway, some of the most special decorations to me are the ones that my mom painted. She was a huge toll-painter back in the day, but had to stop when she had her brain tumor, and has never been able to start again. I now treasure everything that she made. Here is our Snowman Village, with many items from mom-



Jaxon loves the nose on this one (made by mom)-

These two are little puzzle pieces which Jaxon takes apart and (attempts) to put back together several times a day! (made by mom)


This set of Carollers represents my family growing up, my four brothers, my sister and I, and my parents!

I thought this was very cute. This is Dave's present from Jaxon, and I let Jaxon sign his own name! (Is it ghetto to write directly on the present without a tag? Oh well...)


And one last tidbit- this is when Jaxon got into my lip STAIN (yes that's right, not lipstick, LIP-STAIN!) It was heck to get off, but pretty cute on! And bonus- not a speck on his white shirt!

4 comments:

Brit said...

I luv the snowman puzzles, how fabulous for children. And some day when we don't skip town for half of december i keep telling myself I will get into decorating. We put up the tree with a few ornaments as you saw, but I took off the ornaments and half the tinsel yesterday because belle decided to play with them and I was sick of it. The only 2 other decorations we have are a wreath and then then christmas cards I hang on our pantry door. Thanks for yours by the way! So yeah are house is kinda boring christmas wise right now! But I love your decor!

Brit said...

oh yeah I had a comment about the presents too. This year Kelsey and I have been give each other our gifts sporatically thru out the past couple of months cause we're not going to be here for christmas. (Kelseys idea!) i think he just wanted a excuse to play a game he gat for me a couple of months ago. Anyway we didn't even wrap any of them, just held them behind our back.

Janice Lois said...

Love those cute smomans in your Christmas decoration.

The Ferrells said...

You gotta love that lip stain--he'll be so embarassed by these pictures when he turns 16. He is too darling!!