hello BANGS!!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to do this for a long time now, but have always worried about what people would think. To be honest, I'm just not really very cool, so I always thought, having cool looking bangs would make people think, "Who is she kidding? She's still ALMOST 30, and she's still NOT THAT COOL!" But guess what? I have recently entered the " WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?" phase. Don't get me wrong, I still try to be nice and polite and all that jazz, but when it comes to me and my decisions, I make them according to what I want, and what I think is right, and not what others are going to think about it. If I want fun funky bangs, by gosh- I'M DOING IT! So I DID IT!
Rachel was very cute and such a good friend about it- both suportive and cautionary all at the same time. She wasn't totally convinced that I really wanted what I was saying I wanted, so she said she would cut them halfway there, and if I was shocked or disappointed, we could still fix them to be sweep to the side. I saw the half way, loved it, and was very excited to do something totally different, so I told her to snip away and start cutting the jags! She was grinning the whole time, and I'm hoping it was because she liked that I was stepping way out of my box...not that she thought I looked rather silly!
I know bangs are not THAT big of deal, but they are helping to usher in this new period in my life...plus, I will turn 30 in less than a month, so this is my fairwell to the 20's and sending them out in style!


13 comments:

michelle said...

Cute!! Be careful though - growing out bangs is a tough one. I have a love-hate thing with my bangs. I cut them, grow them out, cut them again, etc. Jared loves bangs so that doesn't help the habit either.

The Gentry's said...

So cute! I've been in the same dilema with bangs...Can't wait to see them tomorrow in person!!

Lauryn said...

I love it! Too cute!

Jason and Kate said...

very stylish! love the new look.

Momma Malia said...

i like em! way to go. hairstyles sometimes have a way of just expressing our fearlessness or lack there of:)

Brit said...

Those are awesome! I really like them! How cool are you! Which by the way according to my deffinition you are cool ;)!

jckhadlocks said...

I like your bangs I've been thinking about getting shorter ones but then I always regret it.. But they definately are cute. oh and I love your eyebrows I know it's weird thing to say but they are perfect.. I think mine are and then I see them in a picture and they are so different. anyway moral of the story is I like your bangs and your eyebrows!

The Ferrells said...

Love your bangs. It totally changes your looks and I still find you so striking!! Mom

Colburns said...

Cute bangs! I think it was a very good bold move and you are too cool!

The Hoopers said...

Super cute and sassy!! I was excited to see them at church.

Brandis said...

You look so cute like that!!

Robin said...

Love them! Got your Christmas card- way cute!

savannah j said...

hey ...how did u put your playlist on your page????i dont know how to do it ...thank you and please write me back