Disney-Revisited: Magic- Restored



I get it. I apologize to all you people that I thought were a little off and weird for their obsessive love of going to Disneyland. I'm sorry, and now I get it.

I'll be honest, it's been a pretty tough couple of weeks. I almost cancelled our whole trip, if Jaxon hadn't already known about it, and talked about it 50 times a day. This is going to sound over-dramatic and possibly silly, but being at Disneyland honestly changed my outlook on a lot of things. It almost brought me to tears a few times being there with Jaxon. Everything looks different when you see then through the eyes of a two year old. Everything is beautiful, wonderful, amazing, and spectacular. Not just the rides, or the lights. There are the fences to climb on, the smiles shared with cousins, the wheels on the train car in front of you. The fake snow, the constant singing voices, the characters who live to hug and wave at you, and the laughter that just can't help but bubble, and bubble, and bubble. Jaxon found joy in everything around him, and thus, so did I. It brought a lot of things into perspective about happiness, and where you really find it. You don't need much to experience total bliss, and Jaxon reminded me of that.
As I read back, I see how sappy this post is sounding- and I can't even apologize, because it's true. We even got the see the Christmas Parade. Jaxon was ecstatic to see SANTA! I didn't know he really understood the concept of Santa yet, but I was dead wrong. Jaxon stood and waved at Santa and said to me several times, "HE SAW ME! HE WAVED AT ME MOMMY!!!" and when Santa said, "If you're good I'll come back with presents on Christmas Eve!" Jaxon looked at me with total wonder and said, "MOM! He came...and he said he's coming back!"
I will post more Disney pictures and California fun, but let me say something I never thought would come out of my mouth. One day with a small child at Disneyland is just not enough!"

3 comments:

onehm said...

AMEN sister!! I too love Disneyland with my kids. It's really the happiest place on earth. I'm glad that you had a great time. Your post captured the spirit of Disney perfectly!!

Marie said...

Glad you realized the magic of Disneyland - I love that place even without my kids - it's just such a happy place! I'm jealous though cuz I've never seen it all decorated for Christmas. Can't wait to see more pics and hear all about it.

Momma Malia said...

glad you guys had fun. can't wait for our trip to disney world and the disney cruise! i think brailyn will love it too! especially her favorite "baby minnie". and i could use some of that 2 year old bliss:)