SO SO FUNNY!!!

Okay, I am still laughing out loud!!! For Thanksgiving--Dave, Jaxon, and I are going to go out to lunch with my brother Scott (from California) and his Girlfriend. So, he said pick any restuarant and get a private room (he is from California, and obviously doesn't know that nice restuarants like that don't actually exist in Gilbert) So I have waited till the last minute and am now online getting numbers to nice restuarants and calling to see if-
1. They are open on Thanksgiving
2. They are open for lunch
3. They have private rooms (not a must, but we will have Jaxon)

So, I am using a google search that brought up all the restuarants in a certain price range, and just calling down the list (To no avail I might add) Anyway, every number on the list up to this point called straight to the restuarant. So, I called "Top of the Rock" at the Buttes Marriott- and this was the conversation-
Lady: "Hello, thank you for calling..yadda yadda...how may I help you?"
Me: "Hi, I was just wondering if you were open on Thanksgiving Day?"
Lady: "Um, yes...we are open 24 hours."
Me: "Oh really?! Okay, do you have any private rooms available?"
Lady: "Um, all of our rooms are private ma'am..."
Me:"uh, what?... OH WAIT! I am trying to call the restuarant!"
Lady: "I'm sorry ma'am, this is the front desk of the hotel!"

Seriously? What on earth was lady thinking of me when I asked her if they were open on Thanksgiving, and if they had any private rooms?? HILARIOUS!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome. Love the conversation.
I hope you find a great place to eat.
Oh, and we're still on for the 4th of Dec.
Just call Matt to get my cell # and we'll coordinate time & place, etc.
Love you tons.
Happy Thanksgiving, Ash.

Brandis said...

That's hilarious. :)

Brandis said...

PS thanks again for the referral on the allergist. Cole & I both liked him. The lady that drew his blood today, not so much. She couldn't get the needle in his vein so she was digging around in his poor little arm for a minute or so and then had somebody else do it in his other arm. Boo to allergies is right!!