my boy- so funny

Tonight on the way home from the gym after my class (usually Dave picks Jaxon up around 6, but he's working late, so Jaxon has to stay until I'm done around 7:10ish) anyway, I stopped at McD's to get him dinner so he would be ready for bath/bed when we got home. I asked if he wanted a hamburger or Chicken nuggets with his fries, to which he responded he wanted both. I told him he had to chose one or the other and he said,
"Why mom? Cuase it's too many 'spensives when I have have both?"

Also, with Dave working late, Jaxon has been a wreck at night, absolutely hysterical until Dave comes home to tuck him in. I have put him down screaming and he doesn't stop for 30 minutes until Dave comes home and goes in. Anyway, Dave being out of town for a couple days, obviously wouldn't be able to go in and calm him down. We promised Jaxon a new "Colorado Bear" (that's where Dave is) if he went to bed nicely both nights with NO crying! We talked about it all day and he was fine with it. Tonight- Jammies-no problem, teeth brushing- no problem, prayer time- HUGE PROBLEM! Jaxon started yelling, "WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!" with tears in his eyes, " WAIT! I can't say my prayers wiffout Daddy!" I turned him around ready to have a stern talk about earning his "Colorado bear" and he said, "WAIT MOMMY WAIT! I'M NOT CRYING! I juss can't say prayers wiffout Daddy!" So I said, "Do you want me to say it tonight?" To which he immediately stopped crying and said, "Yep!"
He sure loves his daddy!

Lastly, when we are in the car, and I'm not talking to Jaxon, he will ask "where we goin'?" Just to strike up a conversation...so sometimes he will ask me this 10+ times before we reach our destination. Usually I will say, "where ARE we going Jaxon?" and he will tell me. So yesterday when I asked him where we were going he said, "Ummm, where goin' ta Red Lobster wiff Grandpa!" I thought that was cute because my parents in are China and haven't even seen him, let alone taken him to Red Lobster for many months! I guess some things are unforgettable!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww, so cute. I love Jaxon's conversations with you.
He's so very smart.
I hope he enjoys his Colorado bear.
Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay Jones said...

He is so sweet and cute!