"Is it really THIS easy?" ...Um. No.

"Is it really this easy" was my stupid thought on taking Paci away from Jaxon! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! CALGONE TAKE ME AWAY!!!! Seriously, Jaxon has been the crankiest, crabbiest, most cantankerous kid you ever met in your life. He talks back, whines, cries, complains, hits, bops, whacks, tackles and rarely cracks a smile! Oh and those naps and bedtimes that he used to adore..? FORGET ABOUT IT!!! Now it's 20 straight minutes of hysterically crying, bargaining, and made up maladies to get out of bed! Naps are now usually 20 minutes of crying, 45 minutes of sleeping, then a fresh round of hysterical crying as he jolts to wake with no paci to pacify and lull back to sleep!... Followed by at least an hour of extreme crankiness, followed by the rest of the day of run-of-the-mill Jaxon's regular crankiness! AND!!! As an interesting side note, after that first night he never even asked for Paci again- IT'S ME THAT MISSES PACI! OH PACI!! WHERE ARE YOU????? When he was in bed Yesterday night - he was hysterical for about 45 minutes screaming our names at the top of his sobbing lungs, only to tell us such things as we forgot to kiss Bumble, put the covers over Pablo, or put his socks in the hamper!! We searched high and low for a night-light to no avail, so we improvised with a wicker basket over a flashlight, and it appeased him enough to let his tired little body go to sleep.
Today we got him a nightlight, and things (in the nap department) seem to be going a little better, but how do you stop a 2 year old from constant back-talk? I mean seriously, who does this turkey think he is?? He has taken to yelling things at me like," You say sorry to me RIGHT NOW LITTLE GURR!" "You don't tell me to stop it! I tell you to stop it! STOP IT MOMMY!" and my personal (least) favorite- 'NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" yelled at the top of his lungs, like after I have asked him to hold my hand in a parking lot, stop shaking and spilling his sippy cup on purpose, or when asked to share his water bottle with his cousin Oakley! I give up.

9 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Luckily this is just a stage that a lot of 2 year olds go through (don't worry, it won't end when he turns 3, just ask Hailey who is in charge at our house). Eventually they grow out of it, you just have to be patient. Kids these days have really strong personalities which Ryan and I choose to believe is because they need to be so strong to survive in this world today. Or maybe Jaxon just takes after his mommy who has been known to have a very strong personality of her own! Just keep loving him. That is all you can do.

Stevens said...

Just try to be patient. I am glad Heidi isn't back-talking me but when she is almost 3 she probably will. I can almost bet on that! Heidi screams for her naps too and will go down EASY some days and not the others. I am in the same boat as you. Hopefully it will soon pass and we will look back and miss these days when they are teens.
-Melissa

jckhadlocks said...

That sounds a bit rough. Colter is actually doing okay without his bottle but at the same time he does ask for it and will whine.. Today I was tempted to give it to him just to make him happy but I resisted the urge. Dang bottle I wish it could have lasted longer :(

ThePalmers said...

I really am laughing sis- only because I know how incedibly funny it is when he yells "NEVER"!

The Hoopers said...

I admit I'm laughing too. I think it is so funny and cute as long as it is someone elses kid! Hang in there. He'll figure things out.

Brit said...

first of all I want to say I am sorry for what you are going thru. Nest, I am in the same boat too. Kind of. Nothing to do with the binki tho, we took that away at one and it went fin but now grrrr. She screams and crys at the top of her lungs the majority of the day it feels. She doesn't talk back as much besides yelling no. She does get really angry in her mumbles tho and can't but be sorry that she got it from me. The worst is we put her in her room when she is screaming and tell her she can come out went she stops crying and is happy. So for the next 30 min she is in there sreaming, I'm happy, happy, happy. And I am like um no you are not, stop crying be quiet! Then she yells that she needs to go pee pee, and I don't want an accident so I go and take her to the potty, while she screams on that. Grr. Anyways not that you wanted to read all of that, but it felt good to write it, and it kinda feels good to know I am not the only one however I am sorry other mothers have to go thru it.
Let me know when you find the cure!

Marie said...

Wanna trade two year olds? Jack is just as rotten! I pray every night that I can be patient with my kids and not yell - so far I have stopped yelling from 7:30PM to 7:00AM - I'm rotten too!

Momma Malia said...

it might not just be the paci. brailyn has become very self-expressed lately (read- more defiant) and i get those back talks too. so maybe it's a good thing that he's able to express his growing independence! of course he'll learn a kinder more polite way of doing it, but at least he's not a door mat!

jckhadlocks said...

No I get them off on Monday the 24th. I'm very excited about not looking like a 12 year old.