Thinkin' time...

All week I have been in a funk. I don't quite know how else to explain it, but if you have ever been there, you know what I am talking about. Several things contributed to it, but none are exactly the cause. I have been a little sick, and a little busy, and a little down. Anyway, the good news is, today I started to feel like my old self again. I still skipped the gym, but I did get dressed, made a batch of cookies with Jaxon before we even left the house for music time at the mall, and made tortilla soup and corn bread when we got back. (if you know me, you would know that I WOULD HAVE to be mostly out of the funk to cook anything, let alone 3 things!) I was productive during nap time, and when Jaxon woke up we played at the park and in the driveway.
I did have a tender mom moment today. I was spraying off the front porch and Jaxon was playing around me. I said outloud to myself, "I could really use a broom..." next thing I know, Jaxon comes running around the corner with a broom he found in the garage. He said, "Here go Mom. Here's your broom!" I don't know why it struck me like it did, maybe because he is getting so big, and also because it was thoughtful. I showed him what I was going to do with it (Mostly because I couldn't spray the junk out, and sweep it at the same time) and HE DID IT! I'm telling you, he fully swept all the crud I sprayed- into the grass or the rocks at the street. I was so impressed. He kept saying, "I'm just doin' my job mom!" and, "Mom, I'm your special helper? Mom! I'm your special helper!"
Where did my little baby go? It made me reminsce a little, so here is a bit of my stroll down memory lane! Every time I look at pictures of Jaxon as a baby it just cracks me up-- I just don't remember him being that chunky! No one would accuse him of being big these days, but it's like he's been slimming down since the day he was born! (not a bad attribute to have!)


5 comments:

The Ferrells said...

I wasn't in a funk, but had a good cry after seeing the baby pictures. It goes so fast when you're the grandma!!

Sarah said...

Aww, that was a sweet special mommy moment. What a good helper Jaxon is!
And I hear you about the funk. Sometimes we do just get a little down, a little sick, a little tired, etc. When you add up all the littles, it's a lot!
I'm glad you were able to find the energy & motivation for cooking. Way to go.
And then to have the time to share special moments with Jaxon.
Good job, Ash. Love you.

Nedra Tietjen said...

Oh those are so Awesome! It made me remeber the day you had him and how wonderful it was for me to be right there when he came out of the delivery room.

Kelly said...

Ashley: Isn't life strange? HOnestly I know a funk when I see one and it really is a weird thing. Somedays I'm just in a bad mood and I don't know why. Then just as quickly as it came...it's gone! :) Must be hormones? Anyway, Jaxon really is so cute and says the sweetest things. I'm so glad you've taught him that he is your special helper! :) I love you Ash, hopefully tomorrow is a good day too! :)

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

holy crap, what a coincidence! i was in a major funk last week too...no idea why. it came, stayed and then just left on sunday. geez, being a woman is hard.