Bread recipe--REVEALED!!!

Let me prefice this recipe- when my SIL gave me a copy, it have 5 directions on it, some were just lengthy. Since I am not as of yet Betty Crocker, I tend to leave things out if there are several directions given at once. Thus, I seperated them all, and there are now 12 directions. I'm telling you, it's really so easy because the Bosch does all the work. Once again, if anyone makes this in other than a Bosch, please let me know how it turns out. I don't actually own a Bosch myself, and am "borrowing" my mom's while she is in China!

Delicious Whole Wheat Bread

6 cups warm water
15 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup oil
3 TBSP SAF dry yeast
2/3 cup Honey
2 TBSP Salt
3 TBSP Dough Enhancer


1. Mix together in Bosch- Water, Oil, Honey, SAF dry yeast, and dough enhancer
2. Let sit for 10 minutes
3. Mix in 8 cups flour and the salt
4. Let sit for 10 minutes
5. Add remaining 7 cups of flour.
6. Mix until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
7. Mix on Bosch setting #1 for 10 minutes
8. Spray bread pans (5-6 large loaves) with Pam and Preheat oven to 400
9. Separate Dough into 1.5 pounds each
10. Take each 1.5 pounds of dough, throw (hard) onto the counter, and pound out the air.
Do this again, then form dough into loaf shape and put into bread pans.
11. Cover loosely with a Pam-covered Saran wrap and let rise until dough doubles in size
(20-30 minutes)
12. Put loaves into the oven and immediately reduce heat to 350.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, until loaves are nicely browned.

3 comments:

ThePalmers said...

Hey, what are we reducing the heat from?

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry! I fixed it!

AnnaMarie said...

Yikes. This is an all-day affair! But I'll try it one of these days.