"Somepin Better" and swimming fun




A few new Jaxonisms here! His new thing is when we offer him something (anything!) he says,
"Uh...no fanks. I'd like somepin better!" Where the heck did he learn to trade up? Also, today he and Dave and I were using a gift card at Pei Wei for dinner and he wanted to try some of Dave's Chicken which had peanuts, to which he is allergic-
Jaxon: "Daddy, can I pease has some chicken?"
Me: "Sorry buddy, that has peanuts, they would make you sick!"
Jaxon: (pointing an accusing finger at me and waving it in my face) "NO TALK-A ME MOMMA! I'M JUSS TALKIN-A DADDY!!!!"
Jaxon: (in a very nice normal voice again, as if Dave didn't just hear the whole exchange)
"Daddy can I pease has some chicken?"
Dave: "No Jaxon, it has peanuts, and they would make you sick."
Jaxon: "Okay Daddy."

Some days you just can't win!

Today Brailyn and Malia invited us over for some swimming fun! Malia said, " Jaxon, I am so tired after you come over, but it sure is entertaining!" She also says that Brailyn does all sorts of "interesting" (read: naughty) things when Jaxon comes over that she would never have thought of trying on her own...I like to think that Jaxon is just...uhh...creative!!! :o)


PS- I've been trying to remember the name to this song that I heard on 99.9 about a mother and a son for several weeks now, so I finally broke down and emailed the station. It's "In My Arms" by Plumb, and I LOVE IT (new blog song)! When I heard who sang it on the radio several weeks ago, I thought to myself, Plumb is a shade of purple, that is how I will remember it. Well today after an unsuccessful internet search of "songs from mothers to sons" and other similar things, I got on Wikopedia and looked up every shade of purple I could find, apparently plumb is NOT actually a shade of purple after all...who knew?

4 comments:

Momma Malia said...

i love the pictures. don't we have some dang cute kids. ad even though jaxon gives me a taste of the wild child i don't normally have, i love him to death. he is such a great boy, and a great friend for brailyn! and i guess his parents are pretty cool too:)

Nedra Tietjen said...

As you have it spelled here; plumb means aligned (construction term). I think the color is plum, like the fruit.

It is good Jaxon is a leader. It sounds like he preparing to be president some day.

I love that Jaxon likes to trade up. Never settle Jaxon!! :)

Sarah said...

yup, the color is spelled "plum". Nedra got it right.
But that whole peanut conversation was awesome.
And the something better.
Man, where does Jaxon come up with this stuff.
He's hilarious.
And you are awesome for sharing them with us.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I'm the same way when I can't find out what a song is called. I can't rest until I know!