Farewell, Parting is Such sweet, errr...crappy sorrow!

Well, my parents don't actually leave the country until Monday, they will be in Cali tomorrow, and Friday-Sunday will be in Utah, so this is it... They came for dinner on Monday night and of course I had to get some last minute shots with the two of them with Jaxon. I know it's a little early for Halloween, but Jaxon REALLY wanted to show them his costume, and take some photos in it! Saying we will miss them does not even begin to cover it...

On another farewell note, my grandfather Benjamin Herb Ferrell passed away last night at 99. He was a hilarious old guy who was still fixing his own roof and helping his grandchildren move at 95. Dave and I feel so blessed that he was able to seal us when we were married. His body started to slow down recently, and that has been really hard for him. Last weekend when he saw my dad he told him that he loved him, and the next time they saw each other would be on the other side. He said it with such peace and calm that I think it has really helped my dad. I am so grateful to know of our Heavenly Father's great plan for us!






9 comments:

The Hoopers said...

Sorry about your grandpa. How special that he sealed you guys! Are your patents gone for a long time, is it a mission? Just curious. I cry and cry when my patents leave from a visit, and they are only going back to snowflake. Hope you are ok.

Sarah said...

Oh Ashley, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. And also, that this is the week your parents leave for their mission.
What an emotional time.

I loved the photos. Jaxon has been so blessed to have such close contact with his grandparents.
I'm sure you guys will figure out creative ways to stay close. And this will be a wonderful learning time for Jaxon, too (about Missions, etc.)

But my heart goes out to you. This is a tough time.
I love you guys.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

That last one is my favorite! So precious! I'm sure you're going to really miss your parents, but it will go by really fast once you get used to them not being there. Where in China are they going?

I'm so sorry about your grandpa, but it sounds like he had a great life and that he was ready. That really does make it easier.

CJB said...

Sorry about Grandpa. What a great legacy.

Good luck to Ma & Pa F in China.

Kimberly said...

Hi Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Your Mom & Dad would share stories with our family. What an amazing man...thus you have an amazing Dad! I would love to have your parents e-mail address. Your Mom called me last week and left me a wonderful message while they were here in UT. I would love to send them a message. I can only imagine how much your family will be missing them while they are in China. What great examples they are. When we moved, it was your parents that I lost it with. I cried while talking with your Mom on the phone. I didn't cry saying goodbye to anyone else. Even my own family and best friend. There's something so special and magical about your Mom & Dad and their friendship to my family has meant so very much. Love you all! - Kimberly Lester

Kimberly said...

Hi again. Here's a photography website you might enjoy....http://www.brendaacuncius.typepad.com/Just stuff to read and learn about. I so wish we would have been able to get our pictures done with you before we left. I just dread hanging our Jan. 07 family picture above the mantle. I love the ones you do with family walking, holding hands, and you get the back of them...Cool!- Kimberly

Roger and Stephnie said...

Hey Ashley,
Are you planning on coming out to Grandpa's funeral on Saturday? Are many of your family coming? It would be fun to see you all (even though it's for a funeral).

Jen and Bryan said...

Man! I forget how short your cute mom is. Great pictures. Sorry about your grandpa but I'm sure he'll ELATED to move on and into his younger, more functioning body.

Brandis said...

The pictures are very cute. Sounds like you're having a rough week. Sorry about your grandpa, that must be tough for your dad to be trying to get ready to leave for a year and then having to deal with that on top of it. I hope you all have a good weekend together in spite of everything.