Many are called, but few are Frozen!

(thank you Tyler for the catchy title!!!)

(Just an FYI- The story is funny, but this picture creeps me out!!!)
As many of you know, Dave is an auditor...this is basically a specialized kind of accountant, and I can practically hear through the computer your gasps of AWE at how exciting his work must be. (READ: dripping with sarcasm) Hey- my man likes what he does, and likes where he works, so I'm happy for him. But! He just recently got put on a brand new client, and it has actually been quite interesting/entertaining...at least for me! Dave is auditing a cryogenic freezing company. Yes, the people that do some fancy shmancy stuff to your body before freezing them in sub-zero temperatures in the hopes that one day they can be brought back to life! Aside from just crunching the numbers, Dave had to actually learn some things about the company (it's good PR) and watch a video about them. I am totally laughing (as if the idea of cryogenics isn't funny enough...) at one of the selling points on the video!


(here is my favorite part of the video)

VIDEO SECTION: MTYHS DEBUNKED

MYTH: Being Cryogenically frozen goes against major Christian religious beliefs

TRUTH: Being Cryogenically frozen DOES NOT go against the teachings of any Christian religions, and in fact, many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have been frozen!

Is this funny to anyone else? First of all, who ever heard of using mormons as a selling point? Usually it's the opposite, and while we could use some positive PR- this is not quite what I had in mind. Second- what Mormon would actually do this? I'm pretty sure if you beleive what we believe, than this would just be a waste of a perfectly good $150,000.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's surprising... I can't believe Dave likes doing CPA stuff. Takes all kinds.
;)

AnnaMarie said...

"Many are called, but few are frozen" (Tyler)

Nedra Tietjen said...

I don't know if I am laughing harder at your blog about Dave's work or Tyler's comment... Oh that cheesy Ferrel humor! :)

LindsayJ said...

I totally agree who would waste that kind of money?! And really I would like a list of name of these mormons that are frozen. Funny!

CJB said...

I know PLENTY of LDS people who are signed up for this: Steve Martin, Alice Cooper, Roseanne Barr to name a few. :)

Marie said...

Strange. Very, very strange!