Warning: THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH!!

So, today was quite the day for little Mr. Jaxon. And might I add before I tell the story, that none of these things were done with any ill-intent...but YIKES! This afternoon Jaxon had a shower at my parents house, and then ran downstairs because he loves to yell, "I'm a nakey J-bird!!" So he was showing off for my mom running around naked! (great habit to be starting...running around naked to show off...I KNOW!) anyway, we never let him run naked at our house, but gramma's house, gramma's rules! So he was enjoying his clothing-free romp and even ventured outside. He came back in and after about 10 seconds yelled, "MOMMY WOOK!!!" So I looked, and Jaxon had done 3 separate "droppings" on his way in. Luckily (if there is any luck in this situation) all of these 3 spots were on the tile, and he hadn't gotten any on himself. He did say, "I don't like those stinkers!" While I was frantically cleaning everything up. Obviously the next step after throwing away this bag of "stinkers" (in the outside garbage can) would be to put a diaper on this kid. Well, on my way back into the kitchen, I see Jaxon happily and with great amazement watching himself tinkle on the tile! This time he said, "WOOK MOMMY! I MADE WATER!" Okay, so round two of frantic clean up began, and I again took the offensive bag outside. I was on my way inside to put a diaper on Jaxon when Amber (my sister) and her 3 little ones came in. Honestly, I probably only looked away for 10 seconds (this is every mother's excuse right?) turn around, and jaxon has done 2 more small piles, this time on the carpet, right next to his cousin Oakley. Here's the rundown, Jaxon stepped in it, (also had it on his leg) then tracked it on the tile, Oakley stepped in it, but had sandles on, and then stopped moving. My mom got the sandles off Oakley, and I picked Jaxon up under his armpits and ran him outside. I hosed him off, (much to his great joy, this whole ordeal was pretty funny to him) Ran inside, picked up, scrubbed off, and sprayed carpet cleaner on the carpet. Wouldn't you know that by the time this was done, there was one more small puddle on the tile? I AM NOT KIDDING! My mom can vouch that this entire scenerio really happened. I think I almost had a nervous breakdown worrying about her house, but she wasn't concerned in the least...after raising 4 boys of her own, she said this was all par for the course! Jaxon has been eating a lot of fruit lately, but I have no idea how someone that little could store that much in his body! (I warned you it was gross!)

10 comments:

Lauryn said...

oh the joys of being a parent, right? haha :) And just think - I have this to look forward to!

Judy/Mom said...

Really cute blog, Ashley! Your pictures are amazing. This post makes me not so sad those fun times are over for me!

Sarah said...

oh, those days. Makes you wanna swear off carpet (and any other stainable floor covering) for good.
Glad your mom had a healthy/relaxed view of the whole thing.
These things just happen. Esp. to little boys and their mommies.
Next time though, take some pics.
;)

ThePalmers said...

I LOVE LOVE L0OOOOOOVE the new blog look. My favorite is how wide it is. Your friend is very talented!

Kimberly said...

very very funny. I remember those days. I like your new blog look. Care to share where you found your layout?

Cicily said...

I love those stories as long as if they don't happen to me. I don't know what I will do when these things go on, I hate dealing with poop on the loose. I love the new look, very cute.

THE TAASE'S said...

HOLY CRAP!? LOL..seriously, that is lotsa poop for one little fellow. I have a couple stories that went as such also! However disgusting this may sound, be grateful it was in solid form and not liquid, and you didn't slip in it and then fall on top of it..yeah..GROSS!

Nedra Tietjen said...

I did not read the post because as you well know, I am SQUEEMISH!! So just saying hi and I love what you have done with your blog!!!

onehm said...

WOW! THat's so sad! I would have lost my mind too...
;)


Love your new blog look!

Brandis said...

Oh Ashley. That is gross. I had a very similar experience Tuesday morning. I woke up to the sounds of Cole yelling my name repeatedly for about 10 minutes before I responded. (usually he does that because he wants waffles) I realized he was sitting on the pot, and when I walked in the bathroom, I saw a big pile of yuck on the cute little ducky rug. He had it all over his legs & feet because he apparently pooped in the diaper (he wears one at night) and then took it off whilst standing on the rug, then he tried to clean up but didn't know what to do so he sat on the pot. At least he didn't run around and leave piles throughout the house. Oh, but be glad Jaxon wasn't eating corn. :)