Thank you BABY WISE!

Let me give a little background information-

From the moment Jaxon was born, I did a sleep training program with him called Baby Wise...
Right now there are any number of reactions, including, but not limited to, "She's Satan's Spawn" ,"She must HATE her children", "WOW-She's a genius" "Interesting, That takes A LOT of work!" or "What the heck is Baby Wise?" None the less, thanks to Baby Wise, Jaxon is, and has always been a sleeper! He loves his bed, room, sleep time, etc! So, having made a SHORT story LONG, here is the story behind the post. At 11:30 today when Jaxon finished lunch, he put his bowl in the sink and yelled "NAP TIME!" and headed for the stairs! Normally his nap time is 12 or 12:15, and I didn't want him to go down so early because I tutor from 12:30 to 1:30 and need him to sleep through it. I offered Ice cream AND watching Shrek to keep him awake but he said, "NO! Nap time!" I pulled out a few of his favorite books, which he did sit down and read with me. After each "the End" he would slam the book and yell, "NAP TIME!" We only made it through 4 books before he would be appeased no longer. At 11:50 he was happily running up the stairs! He didn't even want me to finish singing one verse of his favorite pre-nap song. He was practically jumping into the crib! On another heart warming note, I said, "Love you Jaxon" and he usually says, "Lubby!" (His version of I love you) but today he said, " I Lub you too Mommy" How cute is that?

6 comments:

Marie said...

I've always been a babywise fan, my boys love their bed too!! Like the new music. One of these days I'll have to get you to help me with my blog again. But not for awhile - I've asked for too many favors lately. I'll give you a break! Thanks for everything!!!

Courtney said...

So CUTE! Enjoy nap time while in last! Blake has decided he no longer needs naps!!!

I also wanted to tell you I'm NOT going to be able to make Tuesday! I forgot its my sisters b-day and we are all going to get makeovers!! Sorry I'll miss it, but good luck!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

unbelievable. I don't know what else to say to that.

Nedra Tietjen said...

I often yell "Nap Time" in the afternoon at work. It is not well recieved here either. I can definitely relate to Jaxon's anoyance about being kept awake and people shoving papers under his nose to distract him. :)

The Hoopers said...

I'm glad you still get to enjoy nap time! Your little guy is getting so grown up. Good luck on your video, wish I could go, it sounds like exercise that I'd actually enjoy!

Brandis said...

What a funny guy!