A little perspective goes a LOOOOONG way!

Thank you to everyone who commented so sweetly on my Tuesday night mishap, even if you were just trying to make me feel better...it worked! Especially thank you to Donnie, who left the following comment:
"For anyone who has made assumptions of what water areobics is, needs to take your class. I think I was actually sweating in the pool...is that possible?"
For anyone who doesn't know Donnie, she is about the fittest, most in shape, beautiful gal you ever met in your life! So coming from her, that is a HUGE compliment.
So anyway, I will be retaping next week. I watched the video myself, and I think it's just not professional to send it in with the fall. So, I am not making a big fanfair like last week, but of course, anyone who wants to come, now or EVER, please let me know! It's fun to come try, especially if you come with a friend!
There is one little piece of good news, my pay, and when it starts has been up for debate lately. Normally, no one would start teaching a class until they were completely done, video done etc. but they were in such need of aqua teachers that a couple of us got through the system and got a class before we were 100% passed off. Well, normally you aren't elligible for pay, until you are through with everything, but I finally got the word today that I am now getting paid, that includes Tuesdays class, which had 32 people!! ( I get a base pay, and then a small amount ($0.50) for every person in the pool, but hey, 32 people is $16 bucks on top of my base pay... I won't sneeze at it!!!
Okay, as for the rest of my life, (I do have an life outside of this drama right now, though my blog would seem to speak otherwise) we are great, happy, healthy, and busy! We are getting SO SO SO excited for our bi-annual Ferrell Family Reunion in Santa Barbara the first week of July. It's at the Family Vacation center, and is honestly the best vacation you could possible have with your kids. Every age group of kids has counselors that take them on the most fantastic adventures, games, food, crafts, etc. The Kids wake up begging to go (they have to eat breakfast with the family first) and CAN'T WAIT to get away. Then they go to bed dreaming off the wonderful adventures of tomorrow. Then we as adults have the whole day to play. It's at UCSB, and they set up tons of activities, or you can do your own, plus its a 5 minute walk to the beach. I am SO READY!!!! There will be 25 of us this year, and it's so fun to have the WHOLE family together!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

OK now THAT is a vacation!! How fun for you guys!!

AnnaMarie said...

Katie, Tyler, and I are excited, too! I've been planning, and Katie's going to be spending some quality time in Small World. I think she'll really like it!