FVC Update #2- AKA "injury update"

Monday evening here and it has been a fun, full, and injury prone day! This morning I took my first ever tennis lesson (with the head coach from Weber State in Utah) and it was really fun. On our way back we ran into one of Jaxon's counselors who hustled us to the front desk to assess Jaxons HUGE knot on the side of his head. They were going for walk, and he tripped and smacked his head. He was laughing and enjoying the popsicle they gave him, so aside from his lopsided head, we are pretty sure he's okay. After lunch all the adult brothers and sisters and spouses headed out to go Wave-running. It was REALLY FUN!!! We saw a pod (I think that's the word) of Dolphins about 10 feet from us, and we were having a blast...until...Dave threw us violently from our machine and I cracked my ankle against the side as I catapulted off. I literally saw stars and couldn't even find words to talk it hurt so bad. Our time on the jet ski after that was not quite as fun because too many bumps and waves really hurt. My bro the doc. checked it out, and it's just way swollen and painful. It's currently wrapped and iced...but it will heal just fine. This evening after dinner Jaxon was running in our apt. and tripped over my shoes and hit his mouth on the corner of the coffee table. He now has a fat lip almost as big as the knot on his head. Dave is as of yet not injured, but he still has night time basketball with my brothers, so there is a huge possibility that he will end this day with an injury as well. We were going to go rock climbing at the rock wall tonight, but since I injured my ankle, Amber and I will be going to "Adult Craft Night" instead.... not quite sure what that consists of, but it should be interesting!

7 comments:

Heats said...

I was just checkin' in on ya and uh.. I am not sure it was a good time. LOL. I crack up every time I read your blog. At the very least I am glad you are breathing and you haven't lost your sense of humor!

michelle said...

You should take a family photo of you all banged up, smiling like nothing is wrong.

I seemed to always injure myself on family vacations - broken bones, stitches, etc. Never at home, always on vacation.

Momma Malia said...

yowza. but that place still sounds like so much fun! i totally want to go!

Cicily said...

I feel like you are at the camp in the movie Dirty Dancing. You guys are so fancy. Maybe you'll meet Patrick Swayze at your tango lessons.

Marie said...

This sounds like such a fun place, despite all the dangers. I'm gonna have to talk my family into something like this. Hope your ankle is ok.

Lauryn said...

What family vacation is worth it, without a little drama though, right? hehe :) I am glad none of you were too badly injured though!

Sarah said...

Wow. Well, what's vaca w/out a couple of bumps and bruises? Hope your ankle heals fast so you can go out and about on other adventures.
Then again, maybe craft nights rock. You never know.