The Ring Bearers...

Jaxon started this summer's swim lessons on Monday, and in 3 days has made CRAZY progress! He loves to be in the water...but on his own terms, so I was a little worried. My worries were unfounded... he already knew "Miss Malia" (best-bud Brailyn's mommy, and swim teacher extraordinaire!) so he feels pretty comfortable. I'm also not in the pool this year, so there is obviously less " cry and mommy will save me." Really, his only complaint is that the water is still a little cold, and he has about -3% body fat. The weather here has been unseasonably cool ( I AM NOT NOT NOT COMPLAINING) but for the 1/2 hour of swim lessons, Jaxon's skinny little body shakes and shivers! Everytime Jaxon does something "cheerworthy" he comes up for air and asks if the dogs were watching...he really loves dogs! The best part of lessons you ask? Aside from "diving for his ring," at the end Jaxon and Brailyn wrap up snugly in their towels, and cheer on Pearl, the dog who loves to jump in the pool after a tennis ball.







3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, those are some amazing pics. I love Jaxon's eyes in the last. So compelling.
Noah too gets really cold during swim lessons. Poor slender dudes. I just don't think it ever gets warm enough here for Noah to be comfy.
His favorite pool session was in AZ with you guys. I think it was well over 100 degrees F, so the pool was nice and toasty.
Maybe I should turn down the temp of Noah's baths so he'll adjust better to CT pools.
Nah.
Great to read about your adventures. Miss you.

AnnaMarie said...

Really cute pictures!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Those pictures are so sweet!