Lotion and Chrystal Light DON'T MIX!



okay, so this little incident happened a couple nights ago, but I waited a few days to blog about it so Dave might now be able to find the humor in the whole thing...

Let's backtrack, bless Dave's heart, he rubs my feet with lotion every night! I have a great scent (Eucalyptus Mint) that came in a very nice glass bottle with a thin pumper at the top. A few nights ago I was going to tease Dave and put the end of the pump in his ear and threaten to pump it if he didn't rub my feet right away. Well, Dave was not expecting anything in his ear (obviously) and when he felt something go in, he immediately jerked his head towards me quickly...well...that pumped a big squish of lotion right into his ear! YIKES! To make matters worse, I couldn't stop laughing as I jumped out of bed to go get a Q-tip to clean it out. As I jumped from the bed (and Dave had both hands over his eyes moaning in fake agony) I forgot all about the Chrystal Light water bottle I had been drinking (bright pink) so to add insult to injury, it fell over and started gushing Chrystal light on and under Dave...on HIS SIDE OF THE BED. By the time he realized what was going on, and located the bottle (he's blind without his contacts or glasses) he had a squish of lotion in his ear AND a giant puddle of Chrystal Light on and under his body. Well, I cleaned the lotion from his ear, and did the best I could to mop up the drink, but Dave ended up having to sleep over the puddle on a hand towel. Needless-to-say, Dave found no humor in the situation, and I only made matters worse with my inability to control my laughter... sometimes you just gotta laugh!

6 comments:

Cicily said...

I love this story. Poor Dave.

Sarah said...

What a comedy of errors. You just gotta laugh. Sorry Dave.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Classic! Whenever I set out to pull a minor prank like that with NO foul play intended, it seems like that is inevitably when things go wrong. BTW, you must be talking about Crystal Light's Pink Lemonade right? I buy those water bottle packets and mix them up in my bottle every day and I drink at least 2 a day! That stuff is the best! I drink so much more water with that in it!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Dave has NO sense of humor! :)

AnnaMarie said...

Oooh, I would have made you switch sides with me.

onehm said...

HILARIOUS! And so so sad all at the same time!